Chapter 10

A loud noise, startled me awake. I quickly sat up causing my view to blur and my head spin with dizziness but that was beside the point right now. The person making a noise was the problem.

"Ugh" A groan sounded from the floor.

My eyes darted to where Kale was face down on the floor. He hadn't fallen that far but I guess saying something was just an instinct for humans. I threw the sheets off my body and helped Kale to his feet. He didn't try anything last night and I was as thankful for that as I was about him lying next to me. He was right, having someone next to you did comfort me.

But everything has to be cut short and you're thrown back into reality.

"Sorry" I murmered.

He slowly got up and brushed off the non-existent dirt off his hands and clothes. His eyes travelled down my body and back to my face. "No offense but you look horrible" He said softly as if that was going to break down his comment.

My laugh was dry. "Well I am going to be a boxing bag to Derek in a couple of hours so what I look like right now, isn't a concern"

"Good morning! It is 10 o'clock on the dot and Avery needs breakfast" Sadistic guy came rushing through the door making me jump in surprise.

My heart rate accelarated as Sadistic guy grabbed me by the arm and started towing me out the room. I looked back at Kale who was following with a blank face and pursed my lips. Of course. I stared ahead and waited till we stopped at the kitchen. It was huge, like huge. Alright, I may be exaggerating a bit but it was like double the size of Gabby's kitchen, and hers was massive.

Gabby. I wonder what she was doing right now?

"Good morning Avery" Derek was seated at the table and I was forced to sit across from him.

I looked anywhere but at him. He wore a smirk I didn't like so why would I? Kale sat next to me and our legs brushed but I jumped back to reality before I could feel some reassurance.

"When does it start?" My voice broke.

"Soon"

"What are you going to do?"

"Just the usual" Derek shrugged.

Kale's fist hit the table with a loud smack in the almost silence. I flinched and glanced over at him to see his body was tense. I looked down then at Derek.

-Who was looking at us with amazement. Like what he looked at Austin with. Surprise.

"What?" I asked in a dry tone.

"Kale.." Derek trailed off. "He likes you"

My mouth fell open. I thought Kale was doing a pretty good job at hiding his attraction to me. I guess that bit of action he just did, stuck out to Derek. I already knew he liked me so it wasn't a surprise but it wasn't really a topic I wanted to discuss at this point in time. Kale may of liked me but he'd have to wait till this was over till we could figure things out.

"Yeah?"

"I could use that to my advantage" Derek smiled.

I had no idea what he was talking about, but it was bad so I didn't really want to figure it out till it happened. Which might be a mistake but it was scary.

"The room's ready" John came into view.

I almost fell off the seat. My body shook involvuntary and a scared look swept over my face. I wasn't ready. I didn't want to do this anymore. I'm 18 and i'm going to be scarred for life. Literally. Derek walked over to me and stood me up after muttering a quick 'oh what a shame we couldn't have breakfast' but I was numb and could barely hear my surroundings. I was frozen which made it easier for Derek to tow me to Austins room.