Chapter 12

Please read 'Keep Running' by Shadow45. It so good!

-

++++ Austin's POV ++++

"Why aren't you giving up?" Kale whispered harshly.

"Because I have a heart"

"That makes no sense"

I sighed heavily. "She made a promise with me"

"And you're going to watch her slowly crumble?" He said as he ground his teeth together. "She's going to be scarred for life and you're going to have this branded in your mind the fact that you could've prevented it"

------

Three weeks ago, I let Derek and his gang bring me to where I am now. I did it willingly so Avery would be safe and she wouldn't have to be the victim to any more of his games. A couple of days ago, I was sure about Avery's safety but since she kidnapped at a race, I lost everything.

I'd rather she stay at home with her brother than spend nights here with me. I mean the nights we spent, we could barely touch each other without her being in pain. And that pain was because of me. There was no telling of what Derek would do next and he was a sick bastard so he could attack at any given time.

I lost hope when Avery came but since the news of her brothers arrival, a bit of confidence built up in me. I knew her brother would find us but if I could just give up now, this would all end now. When Jake's gang and my gang come, I know they will bring others but it'll be like a war zone in this building. People will die and I just hoped to god it was no one Avery or I cared about- which was pretty much all our rescuers except for Jake's gang, I did have respect for him and I didn't want him or anyone in his gang to die.

What I did last year was stupid. Too stupid. I sold Derek's drugs on his territory. In my defense, what did you expect a 17 year old new gang leader to do when he found green liquid and needles? I sold them because I got money for it and I managed to get 500 000 thousand before Derek told me to piss off. Then I saw him on the news getting arrested for something he didn't do.

But he did create the drugs so he would've been convicted sooner or later.

"Wake up" Someone kicked my leg but I knew the kick, it was Austin's kick. He's been waking me up ever since we landed in Hawaii.

I was already awake and at any other time I would've been a smart ass and rolled over but for Avery's sake, I opened my eyes. And I just so happen to open my eyes the same time Kale softly shook Avery awake. She stirred and mumbled a few words before opening her eyes and sitting up. She rubbed her face and I couldn't help but think how cute she looked with bed head.

"Austin" I began to say my own name to a different person. As I said his name Avery flinched. "We're awake now you should get Avery some breakfast"

"No, I'm not hungry" Avery said immediately.

"You haven't eaten for two days now" I frowned.

"I seriously lost my appetite three weeks ago" She smiled a small one that I barely saw.

Austin and Kale set up the next torture chair for Avery and the whole entire time I was trying to rip apart the metal chains. Avery on the other hand was unsurprisingly, shaking. It only took them a while to get a chair and bring in a large metal wash bowl. The bowl was full of water and floating above it was a white cloth. I gulped loudly when I figured out what was going to happen. Avery looked at me with alarm and I gave her a questioning look that I knew she would have the answer to.

"No, Austin" She shook her head.

Austin looked up at the sound of his name but went back to business when he saw Avery wasn't talking to him. I clenched my jaw together in frustration. These stupid chains weren't giving in and neither was Avery. Trust me, I wasn't a guy to give in but if it was for anyone I cared for then I'd be the first.