Chapter 15

I'd like to thank all my readers for patiently or impatiently waiting so long for this chapter to be uploaded.

Enjoy reading :)

P.S Sorry about any spelling mistakes, I rushed the end because i'm going away tomorrow for a couple of days and I wanted to upload this tonight.

-

I had no time to respond with a confused question because the metal door suddenly swung open and even though I was well away from it, the impact it made with the brick wall caused me to jump and feel like something hit me.

"What the hell?" Georgia cursed and sprung to her feet.

Three unknown men stood before us with serious faces. "We have to go, this place is about to blow"

My blood ran cold. "The boys and Gabby are still in there!" I gripped onto Georgia's arm as I helped myself stand up. I looked back at the door and it sounded like I could hear the countdown of an explosion.

One man slightly smiled at me. "They should be running out of the front exit now. We'll meet them there since the explosion should occur somewhere here at the back"

"Can you run?" Another man asked me.

"I can barely walk"

The same person that asked me the question walked over to me and scooped me up in his arms just like Caleb did. He nodded at the rest of them including Georgia and we all began to run, well I wasn't. I was currently being treated like some sort of princess but it was comforting and at the moment I didn't feel bad about it.

Jake actually managed to save Austin and I. We were alive, we all were and I thanked God for that. It wasn't like I had thought Jake would actually find and save us but my prayers were answered. We were almost out of the alley when I heard an explosion followed by the ground shaking. I screamed despite my complaining throat and felt the man struggle to keep me in his arms.

"That was bigger than I expected" Georgia stated once we all stopped. I looked behind us where the explosion took place and saw smoke and debris.

Bigger than we all expected.

"You can put me down" I said softly. The man looked at me for a second before slowly putting me on my feet. We were at the front of the building where I remembered walking in with Kale and the other bad guys.

"Avery! Are you alright?" I heard Jake yell.

My head quickly turned to the direction of the sound. Wow, I am so observant. Standing there were Jake and his gang, the rest of the other guys and Austin's gang-

"Where's Austin?" I almost stopped breathing.

Jake's face didn't even show signs of anger or frustration when I asked about Austin, instead he plastered on a frown. "We lost him on the way out"

"What?" I shrieked. I walked as fast as I possibly could to the doors that led back into the building. Another bomb or whatver thing that can explode went off inside and I was thrown back but luckily into who I later noticed was Jake's arms.

The front seemed to begin collapsing and more smoke and debris were appearing. We all had to run onto the other side of the street and painfully watch. I don't think this was how the planned the rescue mission because Jake wouldn't be this sloppy and obvious. People that were close by either in buildings beside it or that were on the street began either crowding around or running away. I saw a few people pull out their phones to call who I assumed were 911 even though they were probably already on the way.