“Ask Connie Harris” she said pointing to something behind me. For a moment, I got scared then turned around. “How are you?” Connie asked. I quickly looked around trying to avoid eye contact.

“I know I’m not supposed to be here but--” 

Connie waved me off. “It’s fine. I’d just rather you keep all that you’ve seen to yourself” she said.  She moved towards me in a swift movement and touched my shoulders. And, all of the sudden I was in the dining hall with familiar faces. Connie let go of me and vanished. So, that’s how she’s been disappearing. She had powers. I walked over to Nigel and Eli.

 “Where’s Sahara?” I asked them. Nigel pointed to a corner where Drew and Sahara seemed to be deep in conversation. When it was around 10:00, we were directed to the basements. We entered a room what seemed contain modern-day gym equipment. In the middle of the room lay a boxing ring.

 “Alright…let’s begin!” roared Drew.  Sahara was standing next to him. I looked over at Eli (who had an obvious crush on her); he was on fire, probably from jealousy. I was a little irritated also, I mean, how come she gets all the guys? She knew I liked Drew, a lot. Even though, I didn’t show it. I wasn’t good at displaying my feels, never was. But she had got the hint.

 “This is how things are going to work” said Drew. He put us in order from continent: I with Nate, Carla and Eli, Nigel and Sahara, Kraun with Victoria, Mariajose with Leon and Saiyak with Shawn. Drew continued, “Now that you all are paired, let’s start” He said. “Australians versus Americans”

Saiyak chimed in, “I thought we were going to learn how to actually fight first!” Drew ignored her and told us to get in the ring. “This is going to be tag team except I don’t want boy boy or girl girl, OK? I want you to fight whoever gets in the ring first and beat the shit out of them and once you feel like you’re not up to it anymore then you switch” We all nodded.

 Nate stood up first and surprisingly, Carla stepped in first. Carla cracked her fingers and curled her hands into a fist. Drew blew a whistle telling us to begin. At first, it was just running around until Carla lunged for Nate. She missed which resulted in Nate grabbing her by the hair and punching her in the stomach.

  She screamed. I winced. Somehow, she escaped from his wrath and ran to Eli. I looked over at Nate who still wanted to be in the ring. Fine by me, I thought. Better he beat up Eli then me. Eli walked over to Nate and gives him a blow to the nose. Nate staggered back and ran towards Eli and tried punching him but Eli, who was quick, caught his arm and twisted it. Nate screamed and I got scared. I knew it was my turn.  Eli let go and Nate ran and touched me and jumped out.

 I climbed inside and breathed in and out. Eli smiled at me awkwardly and I kinda of waved to him. I brought memories to my head watching dad and I watching wrestling and boxing. I then remembered one of the moves. I stood my ground. One leg behind the other and both fist up right below the jaw.

 “Ahh..The Jack Dempsey stance” commented Drew. “Nice one” I blushed a little and then remembered I was angry at him. Eli mouthed “sorry” and went for a punch that I dodged. I kneed him in the stomach. He groaned loudly and punched me in the breast. I fell to the floor from the pain. When his back was to me, I grabbed onto his legs and brought him down. I slowly went around his back and got him in a headlock.

 He tapped the ground three times and I let go. It was over, we had won.

“Nicely done” bellowed Drew. Nate same over to me and raised my hand in the air. I blushed and hugged him. “Next Africans versus Asians” They fought for ten minutes and Africans won. Europe went against South Americans—Europe won.

“Australians versus Africans versus Europeans” Drew said. “This time all you will be in the ring. Good Luck and good chaos” and he blew his whistle. I looked around and figured I wouldn’t touch a hair on Nigel even if that meant losing. So, I went for the weakest link: Victoria. I ran towards her but was punched in the back by Sahara. I fell to the ground and crawled my way over to Victoria.

 I grabbed her feet and brought her down. I quickly got on top of her and slapped her hard. I could see the fury in her eyes, so I stopped. She pushed me off her and left the ring. I looked around, it was me, Kraun, Nate, and Sahara left. I made a sprint for Sahara. I jumped on her and we fell with a loud thud. She grabbed my hair and I punched her as hard as I could.

“Bitch!” she yelled. I slapped her (or at least tried). I wasn’t sure why she was so mad at me. It’s not like we’re going to win anything! Unless, she knows something I don’t. I pulled away from her, which was a bad idea, because she had some of my hair in her hand. Kraun seemed to have won Nate but he left also.

“You’re so fake” shouted Sahara.

“Shutup, you don’t even know me!”

“You’re right, I don’t.” She remarks.

“Don’t ever talk to me again!” My voice cracks.

“Fine”

And I stomped off.