Chapter 2

Sharon had me and Nate walk for hours. She showed us a tour of the place and told us a story about the founder and how she came up with the idea. By noon, I was tired and ready to go to sleep."Lets go meet the others, shall we?!" Sharon asked. I groaned and followed her. We walked down a long sector and entered. We were welcomed by fresh young faces. They stared at us with blank emotions. "Everyone sit down please!" Sharon announced. I wasn't sure why she said everyone when the only people standing was Nate and I. I sat down near a a girl with dark skin. She smiled at me and I smiled back. She had piercing that were moving. I looked away frightened.

     As you all know, you have been specially chosen for this project. We have watched you ever since you were born, yes I know what you all think, but it's not stalkerish or weird its our job." She took a breath " So now, that time is close, you all will be fighting for us. The Victorians from the planet Victori is going extinct and well the only way they seem to think they can live is to invade our planet--" She was interrupted by a small girl, she looked the youngest out of us all.

    "Excuse me but I have a question. I don't understand. You said you have been watching us ever since we were born but in the letter, it clearly stated.." She rummaged through her small brown bag until she pulled out a paper that looked like the thing they sent me. That's weird, I thought. How come it didn't blow up into pieces. She obviously read my mind, "My brother is a technology geek so he was able to stop it from exploding" She laughed and continued "By the way, I'm Saiyak. Anyways, In the letter is says, that we were just choosed just recently, never said anything about you watching us grow up!" She observed. I had to agree with her. 

  Sharon was annoyed, "Oh shush!" Everyone laughed and the girl bowed her head with embarrassment.  Sharon cleared her throat loudly and started up again, "As I was saying, Oh gosh! I lost my thought. Oh whatever. Listen  closely, every step you make, every decision you wish to take..the fate of humanity lies on you 12 So, please be wise and don't screw up" and with that, Sharon left the room. There was an awkward silence as the words she said bounced in everyone's mind. "Talk about pressure" said a boy with short black hair and dark skin. He got up to the middle of the room and started to introduce himself. 

   "My name is Nigel and I'm 16 years old. By the way, I'm from Africa." He bowed and sat down. A few of the girls giggled and some guys high fived him. He looked at me and winked. I blushed. Nate walked the center of the room walking like a prima donna. Ugh, he was so self-centered! "I'm Nate and I'm sixteen years of age. I'm from Australia. Hence, the sexy accent' He said. He smiled at a girl with black hair who grinned at him. I gagged and laughed aloud. The girl sitting next to me must have noticed and laughed along. She got up and pushed Nate and robbed the spotlight. "I'm Sahara! I'm from Africa and I'm seventeen" She said. 

    One by one, everyone was introducing themselves. "Your turn" said a boy named Eli who was from America. He had black hair and the cutest smile ever. I got up and walked to the center of the room. My legs were shaking and I started sweating. "I'm..uh..Kelly. Kelly Osbourne" I said. A boy sighed aloud and coughed, "Tis is boring". I looked over at him. His name was Kraun, He was the biggest boy here. He was from Russia and had the terrible accent. "Let the girl speak!" Roared Nigel. Kraun got up and got in the Nigel's face. Nigel stood up and ready to take him. Eli stepped in, obviously taking Nigel's side. 

   "Calm down, man" said Eli putting a hand on Kraun shoulder. Kraun seemed to get angrier. His eyes were turning bloodshot red and he started breathing heavely. It was like a monster being unleashed. Nigel and Eli started to back off but it was too late. Kraun took a swing at Eli and Eli quickly ducked. Nigel went for the stomach where he kicked Kraun but that didn't do much, it only aggravated Kraun even more then before. Kraun ran towards Nigel until he was suddenly pinned on the floor by Sahara. Sahara punched him and got him in a headlock. He winced in pain and started beating on the ground, a sign for surrender. She left go of him and he ran to the corner of the room like a puppy.