chapter seventeen: hospital visits

Kenzie's POV

Johnny was rushed to the hospital after what happened. I wasn't allowed in the ambulance and Brynn thought it was best if we went home.

First thing tomorrow, I'm going to visit him in the hospital.

(Time skip to the next morning)

I'm getting ready to go to the hospital. I don't know what I would do if something bad happened to him.

My mom was supposed to drop me off at the hospital but she's still sleeping and I don't want to wake her up. I guess I need to walk there myself.

As I was walking , I noticed all the trees and the houses. I never really paid much attention to it but it's actually quite beautiful.

I just wish I could be viewing this with Johnny...

*flashback*

Kenzie: Johnnyyyy look it's so pretty!
Johnny: What? Where?
Kenzie: Look in front of you. The sunlight going onto the trees and all the houses is beautiful.
Johnny (whispering) : Not as beautiful as you.
Kenzie: What was that?
Johnny: Uh yeah... It is very pretty.

I smiled at the fact that he tried to hide what he said. I heard every word and I loved it.

*end of flashback*

After taking my next step, I felt myself fall forward as my body scraped across the pavement.

Great. Just another way to make my day even better.

I quickly got up and dusted myself off before continuing to walk. I'm almost there so I'm just going to try to get there as fast as possible.

(Time skip to inside the hospital lobby)

Kenzie: Hello there! May I ask what room Johnny Orlando is in?
Nurse: Sure , wait one second.

I anxiously tapped my finger on the desk. I was really nervous and I think everyone there was well aware of it.

Nurse: Room 25 miss.
Kenzie. Thank you.

I walked down the halls carefully looking at each room number to make sure I didn't pass #25.

I stopped at a door with a big number 25 sign. This is it. I took a breath before slowly opening the door.

There he was.

He was awake and he was happily playing games on his phone. I was so excited so I ran up to him and hugged him tightly.

Kenzie: Johnnyyyyyyyy you had me so worried there.
Johnny: Kenz relax I'm fine it was just a minor concussion.
Kenzie: Minor ???? You weren't waking up and you were in an ambulance!! How is that minor?!?!
Johnny: What matters is that I'm going to be okay. The doctors said they were very surprised that I woke up so soon. While I was blanked out, I was having visions. But those visions felt so real. I thought I was awake.
Kenzie: That's scary. But the doctors said you're good to go right ?
Johnny: Yea they said they are just gonna do a few more x-rays and then I'll be able to go home.
Kenzie: That's fantastic.
Johnny: So uh why were you so excited to see me?
Kenzie: Because I was so happy that you were okay.
Johnny: Aww you really care about me huh Kenz?
Kenzie: Of course I do, I al- We're good friends and I like to make sure my friends are okay.

He gives a weird glare before continuing to speak.

Suddenly he reaches for my hand and holds on to it tightly.

Johnny: Thank you for coming Kenzie. It really means so much to me.

I smile at him while looking at my hand that he's still holding onto. This felt good. It was just like the old times.

(Time skip to later that evening)

Kenzie: Sorry Johnny but I have to go now. My mom wants me home.
Johnny: Aw okay Kenz. I'll see you tomorrow right ?
Kenzie: For sure. Have a good night sleep and get better.

I walked out the door and slowly shut it behind me. I smiled at myself rethinking what happened the last few hours.

I hate to admit it, but I think I'm still in love with Johnny.

{A/N: Sorryyyyyyyyyyy Ik Ik it's been wayy too long. After school started I got really busy even on the weekends so I didn't have any time to write.Thank you so much for sticking by and waiting.💓}