chapter two: dodgeball

Kenzie's POV

Dodgeball. I hate dodgeball. I'm usually always the first one out. People always aim at me because they know I can't dodge it.

Luckily, I have Brynn with me so maybe this time we can hide in the back and make it through without getting hit.

"listen up!!!" the teacher screams while blowing the whistle motioning us to get ready.

We got into our positions on the two teams and got ready to start the game.

Brynn: Are you ready Kenz?
Kenzie: Ready than I'll ever be..

"Go!" the teacher signaled to initiate the start of the game.

Everyone started throwing balls left and right. Me and Brynn have been playing safe and staying in the back.

Kenzie: I think we're good for the..

Suddenly a ball hits me in the head and I feel myself fall onto the floor. I was about to get up but suddenly my vision went black.

(10 min later)

Brynn: Kenz ? Are you okay now?
Kenzie: What happened?
Brynn: You got hit by a dodgeball and went unconscious.

I scanned the room. I suddenly realized I was in the nurse's office.

Kenzie: So how did I end up in the nurse's office?
Brynn: Well......
Kenzie: Well what?
Brynn: Johnny sorta kinda carried you here...
Kenzie: JOHNNY? AS IN JOHNNY ORLANDO?
Brynn: Yea.....
Kenzie: Why would he do that?!?!
Brynn: The teacher told him to since he knew Johnny was one of the strongest kids in the school.
Kenzie: Did he say anything???????
Brynn: No why?
Kenzie: Nothing, just curious. We should get back to class.
Brynn: Are you sure?

I nod my head yes and we start walking to class. While we were in the halls, I pass by my gym teacher.

Teacher: Mackenzie, are you sure you're okay?
Kenzie: Yea

The teacher leaves and me and Brynn continue walking to class. We saw Johnny and Nadia talking in the corner. I think Brynn noticed me staring because she started pulling my arm towards the opposite direction.

We went inside the classroom and we were the only ones there. We must have been way too early. We took our seats and got our notebooks out to take notes.

Brynn: Kenz, you sure you're okay? You seem spaced out since we saw Johnny and Nadia in the halls.
Kenzie: Yeah I'm fine... I just remembered something.
Brynn: Oh okay.

*Flashback*

Johnny: Kenzzz wait up!!!!

I started running even faster until I reached a dead end. Ugh I turn around and see Johnny had caught up to me.

Johnny: Wow I had no idea you could run so fast Kenz.
Kenzie: Haha very funny Orlando

He comes closer and gives me a big hug. After a while I push him off.

Kenzie: John we need to get to class now
Johnny: Whyyyy class doesn't start for another 10 minutessss
Kenzie: Exactly that's why we need to go

He grabs my arm and drags me to the corner.

"Lets just have a chat instead" he says smiling at me with his signature smile. I couldn't say no so I just followed along.

We laughed and laughed for what felt like hours until the bell rang and then we ran to class.

*end of flashback*

A lot has changed since then. Those were the good days. And I don't think they will ever come back.

(A/N: Don't forget to leave a vote if you like it tysm💖)