chapter one : the apple

Kenzie's POV

"AHHHHHH!!!!"

I was woken up by my crazy sister Maddie who was screaming at 5 in the morning. She was excited for the first day of school since she barely even goes to school. She's always travelling around and setting a good future for herself.

Meanwhile I'm here just laying on my bed thinking about food.

I can't believe school is already starting. Feels like I haven't done anything this summer. But I'm still excited to go back to school and have all new teachers and learn new things.

I check my phone and see i have a text from Brynn, she must have woken up early too.

Brynn: Morning Kenz, don't forget to bring your super handy calculator :)

I love Brynn so much , she gets me and we are both huge nerds so we get to talk about a lot of things together.

Kenzie: Already packed since last night haha see ya in a few :)

I should probably get out of bed and get ready to meet Brynn. I opened my closet and found the outfit I had planned from the night before. It was a simple blue shirt and jeans. I walked out of my room and said bye to my mom and Maddie who were going crazy because Maddie's old friend was coming for a visit.

As I shut the door behind me , I saw Brynn walking towards my house. She lives right across the street.

Kenzie: Hey Brynnnnnn
Brynn: Hey Kenzieeeeee , you ready to go?

I nod my head yes and we start walking to school. While we are walking , Johnny and Lauren Orlando walk towards us to get into their car. Lauren gives us a slight smile while Johnny just flat out ignores us. I see Lauren around in school a lot but we don't talk much.

Me and Brynn continue walking until we finally get to school.

Brynn: Ahhh aren't you excited ?
Kenzie: Yeah I guess so..

I was feeling a bit uneasy because I have a couple of classes without Brynn. I hope I can make some new friends.

(Time skip to lunch)

Where's Brynn??? I don't want to sit alone ughhhh.... Suddenly I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn around and see it was Brynn.

Brynn: Hey Kenz sorry I'm late I had to ask my teacher about a project
Kenzie: it's okay , let's go get lunch

We went to go wait on the extremely long line. Once we were finally close enough I saw a basket full of apples. I was excited because I loved apples so much , probably one of my favorite fruits.

Johnny (from far away) : WHATS TAKING THE LINE SO LONG!!!!

I was now standing in front of the basket of apples. I was trying to find the perfect one until it caught my eye. As I was about to grab the apple, I felt a hand on top of mine.

It was Johnny.

He gave me a quick glance then took a different apple and left. He only came for an apple?!?!

Brynn: Kenz?! You okay? You look like you saw a ghost.
Kenzie: Did you see that?
Brynn: No what? That Johnny just cut the line for an apple?
Kenzie: Oh never mind , it's nothing .

That was really awkward. I haven't been that close to him in forever. I hope it doesnt happen again. I don't need to be close with someone as popular as him, especially him.

(A/N : How you liking it so far? Don't forget to vote if you like it💖 )