chapter fourteen: books

Kenzie's POV

(Time skip to school the next day)

Me and Johnny are best friends again and I couldn't ask for anything more. I just hope nothing happens to ruin that.

Brynn: Kenzzzzzzz!!!

Brynn ran up to me and gave me a hug. I explained everything to her last night and she thinks that Johnny likes me.

But how can he like me? I don't think he knows me that well to like me. Plus, I'm pretty sure he likes Nadia.

Kenzie: So any plans for today?
Brynn: Don't you have to be with Johnny afterschool?
Kenzie: I don't know but I think we aren't working on our project till tomorrow.
Brynn: Great so wanna hang out today?
Kenzie: Sure , let's go to my house.

I waved goodbye to Brynn and walked to my locker. I got out all my books for the next class. I closed my locker and balanced my three books with one hand.

Out of nowhere, some person in a black hoodie bumped into me causing my books to fall on the floor.

??: I'm sorry.

I look up and see it was Brandon. We met eyes until he decided to help me pick up the books. Out of everyone , he was the last person I wanted to see right now.

I decided to help pick up a book so he can go away sooner. As I lifted the last book, someone else was holding on to the book.

It was Johnny.

Me and Johnny were just staring at each other smiling while Brandon was at the side watching us.

Johnny: Kenz are you okay?
Kenzie: Yea I'm fine
Brandon: I'm sorry for bumping into you Kenzie.

I was going to answer him but he just walked away. Now it was just me and Johnny.

Johnny: So you want to hang out today?
Kenzie: Sorry I already made plans with Brynn.
Johnny: Oh ok.. Maybe tomorrow
Kenzie: Yea

We walked off to class together. It feels nice to have him as a friend. He may be extremely popular but inside he's still the same Johnny I love so much. I just wish I could tell him that. Maybe soon..

(A/N: Sorry for the short chapter 😅)