chapter twelve: cold shoulders

Kenzie's POV

I walked to Johnny's car and noticed he wasn't there yet.

I waited. And waited. And waited.

I eventually got tired of standing so I sat there. I was sitting in the middle of the parking lot. People were giving me stares but I didn't care.

About 30 minutes later, I see Johnny approaching the car. I stood up and watched him get closer.

Kenzie: What took you so long?

No response. Well then. Someone's cold.

He opened his car door and sat in his seat. Was he really just going to leave me here after I waited for 30 minutes?!?!

Kenzie: Johnnyyyy
Johnny: Yes Mackenzie?

Mackenzie. What happened to Kenz?!?! He must be mad, but about what? He was the one leaning in and it was his phone that went off. How is any of that my fault ?!?!

Johnny: So are you just gonna stand there or are you gonna get in?

Harsh much. I walked around and got into the seat next to him. He started driving but no one was talking. It was completely silent which made things even more awkward.

Kenzie: Where are we going?
Johnny: My house.
Kenzie: Why?
Johnny: We have to discuss our project. I want to get it done as soon as possible.

Oh. That. I thought it was cause he wanted to talk about things. Guess I thought wrong. But how am I going to do this project with him if he's acting cold to me ??

We arrived at his house and I got out of the car. I waited for him to unlock the door before following him into the house.

He sat on the couch and took off his backpack. I did the same.

Johnny: What are we supposed to do for the project?
Kenzie: We have to create a table of all the elements and describe each one with as much information as possible.
Johnny: And how many elements are there ?
Kenzie: ... Based on our textbook, 118.
Johnny: What?!?! And we have to explain all that?!!!
Kenzie: Basically.
Johnny: Ugh why do people have to be so smart and discover so many elements ?!?

I started laughing. I expected him to start laughing too but instead he just looked at me. He actually looked mad. Why is he still acting so cold?? I need to try to get him to laugh. Or at least smile.

Kenzie: Well we should start planning out what we need to do.

He didn't answer but he seemed to agree.

Kenzie: Do you have any ideas?

He shook his head no. The whole time he was just looking down at the floor.

It got really silent. I didn't feel like talking and i think he didn't want to talk either. Finally he decided to look up.

We locked eyes.

I can't explain it but I felt like we were communicating with our eyes. I was trying to see if I could get a message through his eyes but I couldn't get anything.

Kenzie: Johnny.. Why are you being so cold?

(A/N: Omggg 4k views thanks sm 💖💖💖💖 New chapter coming soon.😋😋)