chapter six: parties pt.3

Kenzie's POV

His room has changed so much since I last been here. The walls were decorated differently and he had an all new bed.

I walked towards his dresser. something caught my eye. It was a card with a pink heart on it. I gave that to him long ago. But I never told him the card was from me. I didn't want him to know. I gave it to Lauren so she could give it to Johnny while he was in the hospital.

I picked it up. I wonder why he still has this.

I opened it up and saw the letter I wrote him. I read it to myself.

Dear Johnny,

I hope your feeling better. I heard about what happened and I hope you recover soon and continue living your life. A part of me wishes that I was right next to you and that I could give you a big big hug. But I know I can't. You don't remember who I am and I would like to keep it that way. You were one of my bestest friends. You were always there for me and I will always be thankful for that. We may not talk anymore but that doesn't mean I don't care about you. I will always love and care for you no matter what. So please never forget that because you are an amazing person and I know you will achieve a lot of great things in life. Good luck JohnnyO and ilysm💖!

Sincerely,
Your bestest friend in the whole world aka your princess💖👑

I started to cry again. I wish things were just like before. But I know it will never be like that. Ever.

Someone opened the door and walked in. It was Johnny.

Kenzie: Uh.. Johnny.. I'm so sorry I came in here without permission, I just had to leave --
Johnny: Kenz.. It's okay , I understand . I just wanna make sure you're okay.
Kenzie: Yeah, I'm fine..

He looks over at my hand and notices that I'm holding his card. Oh no.

Johnny: Were you reading my card?
Kenzie: Yes and I'm really really really sorry . I didn't mean to invade your privacy. I just--
Johnny: it's okay Kenz, calm down.

He takes the card out of my hand. He stares at it and examines it carefully.

Johnny: This card is very important to me. I don't know who gave it to me but this person is special. This person seems to care about me a lot. I wish I could return all their love but no one would tell me who it's from. Apparently , I used to be their best friend. I wish I could just find the person and give them a big hug and thank them for caring about me so much.

I started to cry even more. I never knew I was still this important to him. Even though he doesn't know it's me.

Johnny: I keep this card here because it motivates me. Every time I see it, it reminds me that someone out there cares for me and loves me so much.

I haven't seen this side of Johnny in a long time. I thought he changed so much but he's still the same old Johnny. Deep inside , he's the same Johnny I fell in love with .

Johnny: Have you ever had a guy best friend you love so much?

I stared at him. He was waiting for a response but I couldn't say anything. Nothing seemed to come out of my mouth.

Johnny: Kenz???

I couldn't help myself. I hugged him. I cried onto his shoulder. I'm making a huge fool of myself but I just can't resist it. I missed this so much.

I missed him so much.

Surprisingly, he hugged me back. I never wanted to let go. It felt so comforting in his arms. It felt as if my problems went away.

I had to let go though. It would be weird for me to continue hugging him when I'm merely just a tutor to him.

Johnny: Kenz, what's wrong? You can tell me.
Kenzie: Nothing, I just remembered something.
Johnny: You wanna talk about it ?
Kenzie: No it's okay (sniffles) I think we should just go back outside.

I turned around to start leaving his room but he grabs me by the arm and pulls me into a hug. But this time it was different. He was hugging me tighter and I immediately felt so much better. This was so much better than Brandon's hugs.

With Johnny, it's different. He just has the ability to make me feel better. Even if he's just smiling, it makes my mood way happier.

Johnny: I know you're not okay. Just tell me what's wrong. Is it Nadia?
Kenzie: No, it's just that..
Johnny: That what?
Kenzie: I used to have a best friend that I loved so much. We hung out everyday and talked 24/7. But now things are just different and I wish it had never changed. And the worst part is that it's all my fault. He doesn't know who I am and it's all my fault.

I cried so much. I can't believe I'm admitting all of this to him. He probably thinks I'm such a loner. I wish he would understand how important he is to me. But he can't. And I can't do anything about it.

I left a water mark on his shoulder.

Kenzie: Johnny, thanks for caring.
Johnny: Of course, we're friends now. You can trust me with anything.
Kenzie: Alright, I'll keep that in mind.

There was an awkward silence.

Kenzie: I think I should go now. I have to go find Brynn.
Johnny: Oh I think she's downstairs looking for you.
Kenzie: Okay thanks, see you on Monday.
Johnny: Alright bye.

I left the room. I have a lot to tell Brynn. I looked down at the huge crowd. I see Brynn talking to a girl I didn't know.

I ran downstairs and found Brynn.

Kenzie: Brynnn where have you been?
Brynn: Kenz I'm so sorry , I heard about what happened. I ran into my old friend and got carried away. I'm sorry I wasn't there for you.
Kenzie: Brynn it's okay I'm fine.
Brynn: Brandon didn't hurt you right ?
Kenzie: No it was just VERY uncomfortable. But that's not what I wanted to talk to you about.
Brynn: Then what?
Kenzie: Me and Johnny.

(A/N: My fav chapter so far 😍😍💗💗 )