chapter thirteen: make-ups

Kenzie's POV

Johnny: Only because I--
Lauren: KENZIEEEEEE!!!! YOUR HERE!!!!

Lauren comes running down the stairs. I waved at her and gave her a hug before sitting down again. I love Lauren so much but she just interrupted the answer to the biggest question in my head.

Lauren: So... What are you guys up to?
Kenzie: We're working on a project.
Lauren: Oh... Kenzie can I talk to you for a minute?
Kenzie: Yeah..sure

We walk into the kitchen.

Kenzie: So what did you want to talk to me about?
Lauren: Did something happen between you and Johnny? When he came home last night, he was so sad. Even this morning, his smile was still so gloomy. It's like he's depressed or something.
Kenzie: Well..... We sorta kinda almost kissed but then someone called him so it never happened.

Lauren's eyes widened.

Lauren: WAIT YOU GUYS ALMOST KISSED AND I'M ONLY HEARING THIS NOW!!
Kenzie: Keep it down, he might hear us.
Lauren: So if you guys almost kissed, does that mean he remembers everything ?
Kenzie: No I don't even know why it happened. We just got closer and closer until we were centimeters apart. But the worst part is, I think Johnny is mad at me.
Lauren: Why would he be mad at you??
Kenzie: I have no idea but since last night he's been acting really cold to me. I just want to get our friendship back.
Lauren: Hmm.... I think we should go back before Johnny starts thinking things.

We head back to the living room. There was Johnny, just sitting on the couch staring into space. I needed a way to fix our relationship. But I don't know what.

I sat in the same seat as before while Lauren went back upstairs. He hasn't moved an inch since I got back.

Kenzie: So I think we should get started on the project.

No answer. I don't even know if he heard me.

Lauren: JOHNNNYYYYYY!!!! KENZIEEEE!!!! HELPPPPPP!!!!

Me and Johnny looked at each other. Then we jumped up and ran towards Lauren's voice.

Kenzie: LAURENNN ARE YOU OKAY??? WHERE ARE YOU??
Lauren: I'M OVER HERE!!

I walked into a closet with Johnny right behind me.

Kenzie: Lauren?

Suddenly I felt someone push me and Johnny. Then they shut the door and locked it. Lauren did this.

Kenzie: LAUREN LET US OUT!!!

I started banging on the door hoping she would unlock it. I can't be trapped in this small closet with Johnny.

Johnny: LAUREN IF YOU DON'T LET US OUT, I'M GOING TO TELL MOM!!!
Lauren: GO AHEAD, MOM WOULD AGREE WITH THIS!

She's right. Meredith would agree to this. Lauren is trying to get us to be friends again. Just like when we were younger.

*flashback*

Kenzie: JOHNNY!!! Why did you break my crayon?
Johnny: I didn't notice it and I accidentally sat on it.
Kenzie: Liar!
Meredith: John and Kenz go into that closet. And don't come out until you solved your problems.

Me and Johnny got scared we would get in trouble so we went into the closet.

Johnny: Kenzie... I'm sorry. I didn't mean to break your crayon.
Kenzie: It's okay. I'll forgive you.
Johnny: Yay friends forever?
Kenzie: Friends forever.

Then we did our handshake.

Johnny: Don't worry Kenz, l will buy you a new crayon.

We hugged each other then came out of the closet.

Meredith: Aww you two made up.
(A/N: They are 7 during this flashback)

*end of flashback*

Ever since then, we always solved our problems in that closet. As we got older , Meredith had to lock the closet since we were smart enough to just get out of the closet. Now Lauren is using this technique on us.

I turned around and faced the wall. I would rather look at the wall than his face because I might end up crying.

He grabbed my shoulder forcing me to turn around. We were looking into each other's eyes. His hands were still holding onto my shoulders so I couldn't move away. It's like I'm looking into his soul.

Johnny: I'm sorry.
Kenzie: For what?
Johnny: For being so rude to you. Your the kindest girl I know and you don't deserve to be treated like that.

That's so sweet of him to say. I didn't have anything to say back and I was just blushing.

Johnny: So friends again?
Kenzie: Best friends.

We both smiled and he gave me a hug. Lauren's plan worked out after all. Things couldn't get any better.

(OMgggg 6k views thank you so muchhh💖💖 and yay they made up😋😋 )