chapter fifteen: congratulations

Kenzie's POV

I was walking to class just like any other day. I see Johnny running towards me.

Johnny: KENZZZZ GUESS WHAT!!!
Kenzie: What happened ?
Johnny: The teacher said my grades have improved and I can play at Friday's game!!!
Kenzie: Really??!?! Congrats!!

I opened my arms and gave him a hug. I was really happy for him because I know how much he wanted to play.

Johnny: And it's all thanks to you Kenz. I wouldn't know what I would do without you.

I smiled at the thought of what he just said before realizing I should pull away from the hug. People started staring at us.

Johnny: So wanna come over at my place later?
Kenzie: Yeah sure.

He walked off to go find his friends. I see Nadia and her crew walking to me. I'm hoping they don't say anything to me.

Nadia: Hey Kenzie, did I just see you talking to Johnny?!?!
Kenzie: Yes and?
Nadia: I better not see it happen again.
Kenzie: And why not? Me and Johnny are friends.
Nadia: He's just using you to get a good grade. He doesn't want to be your friend.
Kenzie: That's not true.
Nadia: Open your eyes Kenzie. Your just a nerd. Why would someone like Johnny want to be friends with you?

That can't be true. I know Johnny better than that. He may have gotten popular but I knew him way longer than Nadia did. He wouldn't use me like that.

I angrily walked away from Nadia. I don't believe a single thing she says. And I'll prove my point at Friday's game.

(A/N: Sorryyyyyyy for the short chapters lately but the next ones will be longer 💝🙏)