chapter sixteen: football games

Kenzie's POV

Today is the football game. Our school is up against their biggest competitors. I hope Johnny doesn't crack under pressure. I've seen him during practice many times and he's really good. I think he can lead our school to victory.

I was wandering the halls trying to find Brynn. We were supposed to meet up to go to my house and get ready for the game. I couldn't find her anywhere.

As I made a turn, I saw Nadia. She's so fake. I think Johnny deserves way better than her, even if it's not me. I need to prove to her that she has no right to be bothering and playing with Johnny like that.

I'll protect him as much as I can.

Nadia: Oh hi there Kenzie, still pretending Johnny's your friend?

She starts laughing. I ignore her and just continued to walk. I'll just prove her wrong at the game.

I finally found Brynn and we started heading to my house.

(Time skip to the game)

I walked up the bleachers. Me and Brynn picked the perfect spot right in the middle. It had a perfect view of the game.

5 minutes later, I see Nadia. Her and her friends sat in the row right in front of us. Ugh. Her big head was blocking the view.

The team was stretching off and prepping. The other team looked really strong. But I have faith that our school can beat them.

Nadia: Hey Kenzie, if your such good friends with Johnny, why don't you wave at him for support. I'm sure he will notice you from all the way over there.

I clenched my fists. I can't take this girl anymore. I get up and start walking off the bleachers.

Brynn: Where you going????

I was so mad that I just ignored her question. I kept walking until I was on the field. I didn't care if people thought I was crazy , I needed to prove Nadia wrong.

Kenzie: Johnny...
Johnny: Oh hi Kenz, what are you doing here?

I didn't answer him. Instead, I pulled him into a hug. I tip toed and whispered in his ear, "good luck john". While starting to let go of the hug, I kiss him on the cheek. As I look at his face, I notice his cheeks had turned slightly red.

Johnny: Uh.. Thank you Kenz, I really appreciate it.

I walk back towards the bleachers and look at Nadia's face the entire time. She was in shock of what I just said. I was even shocked myself that I was able to do that.

As soon as I sat down, Nadia didn't say a single word. She must have realized that I was right and she was wrong. I wanted to rub it in her face but I didn't wanna start a scene.

The game begun and things were looking good. Suddenly, a ball comes hurling towards Johnny. He must have been caught off guard or something because it hit him in the head causing him to fall on the floor. He was wearing a helmet but it was such a strong impact that it caused him to fall. The referee called a time out. Johnny hasn't moved or gotten up. I start to get really worried.

Kenzie: JOHNNYYYYYYYY !!!!!!

(Cliffhanger again lol 😅😂🙏 School starts tomorrow for me so I might start to update slower on weekdays, but regular schedule for weekends.🙏 )