Simple but significant

Sometimes it's the simple things in life which help anchor you. It's that one waffle house you can't get enough of. That warm cup of coffee on a cold winter day. That song which always makes you want to dance or sing. It's the movie you have watched a million times, that book you love reading no matter how old it got or how many times you knew the ending. It's the feeling of a pen in your hands, bleeding your soul on paper. The calm which washes over you when you're surrounded by people who make you feel a little less sad and alone. It's wearing your favourite outfit or the familiar feeling of a hoodie engulfing you. It's seeing a child playing, a puppy chasing its own tail, the rain beating down on the pavement. It may be something as little as seeing your friends laughing or having your parents smile at you with warmth; seeing that one text or hearing that one particular voice. 

  Sometimes in this life, where everything seems too much or too big, you need to take a step back and remember even the littlest of things that bring peace to your heart and mind. There are moments when the only thing keeping you together is something absolutely meaningless and pointless, it may seem like it to the world around you but for you this 'meaningless' and 'pointless' thing holds so much more, its a reason to smile, a reason to push on, a reason to get up and fight another battle.

It is for you, not for anyone else.