Little partner in crime

"I'll get the kids while you set the table, okay?" Katelynn said to Kellin and he nodded. Katelynn left, leaving us alone in silence. "So Leah, was the drive all the way here okay?" He asked as he got a few plates from the cabinets, "A bit far from where I live but it was okay." I said as I got the lasagna out of the oven. "Well there might be days where you have to stay over just in case I'm not available nor Kate, maybe both. That's what Kate meant of also babysitting the boys." He said as he placed the playmates on the table, "Okay then I don't mind, I'll sleep on the couch or if you have a guest room." I said placing the big breakfast in the middle of the table, "Wow Leah that looks AND smells amazing!" He said as he took a wiff, I made pancakes, waffles and oatmeal. "Well I secretly made dessert as well." I said as I pulled out a cherry pie. "You, Leah are a Goddess!" He said pointing at me and I blushed a bit. We heard some multiple footsteps coming down the stairs and I took a deep breath, I hope these kids like me. I've always been great with kids but meeting the one on one it's nerve wrecking. "Leah, I'd love you to meet my oldest Liam, this is Rowan, and that is your little partner in crime Copeland." She said introducing them to me, at first they were shy especially Copeland. "Hi guys, I'm gonna be taking care of all of you for a while, I hope you don't mind. And don't worry I'll let you eat tons of candy and sleep past bedtime." I leaned in and whispered to them winking and they all giggled and looked excited, even more Copeland that hugged my leg. "What did you tell them Leah?" Kellin asked and I crossed my arm, "Its a secret that I shall take to the grave." I said triumphantly, "Well now that we know each other, let's eat! It smells delicious!" Katelynn said rushing to the table.

"Oh. My. God. That was the best meal I've had in a while." Katelynn said as she rubbed her belly, "And I have to go to workkk!" She groaned loudly making me chuckle, "I'm glad you enjoyed it, there's some pie if you want some." I said and it was music to her ears, "I'll take that to go!" After a while of cleaning the kitchen and clearing the table we were in the living room watching tv and Kate had already left for work. Liam was on his phone while Rowan was on his tablet and Copeland watching Brave. I was looking through twitter bored "So Leah, now that you are officially part of the family. I'd like to know about you. You know to trust each other a bit more." He said facing me, trust each other? Sounded weird how he said it. "Okay, I grew up between Alabama, Arizona and Oregon. We were constantly moving since my dad was a military dog. I have two brothers and one sister. I was never really fond of my mother she preferred my brothers." Leah! You've said too much!   "I was working since I was twelve because my family thought that I needed to earn my stuff by working hard. Yet they gave my brothers every thing they ever wanted." Stop it Leah!  "So I kind of moved on quickly I graduated and moved out to college, got my degree in education and been moving around to finally find a perfect place." I said looking at his green emerald eyes, so... Enough! Look away, you look like an idiot. My mind snaps at me and she's right I look away to the tv. "Sounds like there's more to it than just that but I won't push you. I just want you to feel comfortable to tell me anything okay?" He said putting a hand on top of mine, and smiling kindly. I think I've gotten myself in trouble. I need to keep my distance. I just nodded not knowing what to say, the movie ended and as we agreed we were going to study but the deal was I'd let her eat chocolate cake. "Alright Copeland, are you ready?" I asked her and she jumped from her spot and into my lap "Yes I am!" She said in her sweetest voice, "Okay, go get some snacks while I set up a few things." She jumped off and started to run to the kitchen yelling and Kellin chuckled, "I've never seen her so excited." He said and I stood up. "Well Mr. Quinn we are going to be studying for an hour or so. Don't bother us!" I said and he looked slightly shocked at my sudden humour.

After and hour and twenty minutes I finished evaluating and teaching Copeland a few things, she was a brilliant girl, mostly hyper but when she managed to stay focused, she did really good.  Kate wasn't going to come home until late so I had to make dinner and take care of Copeland until she went to bed. "What do you guys want for dinner? I can make anything your hearts desire." I said waving my hands in front of everyone making them giggle. "PIZZA!" Copeland screamed out and everyone agreed. "Okay then, pizza it is amore mio!" I said with an italian accent. "I'll make a better pizza than Italy and New York combined together!" I said and Kellin scoffed "I'd like to see you at least try." Kellin said with a challenging tone. "It's on. If this pizza is the best you have ever eaten you have to le kids eat chocolate cake afterwards." I said crossing arms putting up the bet, "No way they're eating cake." Before he could continued I started to tease him "Smell that kids? I didn't knew we were having roasted chicken tonight." I said as I started to make chicken noises and the kids joined in, "Leah daddy is a chicken!" Copeland said laughing at her dad, "Oh yeah? A chicken huh? If its not the best pizza I've eaten then there is no cake tonight and for a week!" Kellin said and I raised a brow, "Don't worry kids I won't let you down." I said as Copeland gave me a scared look. "Now go on and watch a movie, this won't take long." I said ushering them out squinting my eyes at Kellin and he threw me a wink.
What the hell was that about? My stomach felt light... NO!  Shut it!