Part 67

Part 67

.

Day goes straight to the couch and lies down. "Junebug, Come here."

Something tugs violently at my heart and i rush into his open arms.

Junebug! Metias used to call me that. Metias! If only he was alive. His absence is like a dark spot that never seems to fade. And now i cannot imagine same thing happening to Anden. I would never be able to forgive myself if Anden suffers because of me. Yes. He is doing all this for me. To keep me happy. He risked himself so that Day and I could be together. I owe him so much now that i have to find some way to keep him safe. But how? Everything seems entangled in itself.

"Junebug, you okay?" Day whispers into my ear. Thats when i break down.

.

"I'm sorry." Day slowly sits up shifting me onto his lap. "I didn't mean to hurt you."

"No! You didn't hurt me." I say wiping the tears off my face with my sleeve. "My brother used to call me that."

"I thought so. It was written on a picture of you two, that i saw in your room yesterday." Day confesses. "I thought it would make you smile." He is embarassed. "I'm so stupid."

.

"No!" I touch his cheek. "You're not! Maybe just a little." I joke.

He feigns an expression of hurt.

I have to laugh at that.

His right arm is enclosing my waist and left one is resting on my knees as i sit on his lap.

"But you're too perfect to be true!"

He stares at me now. His blue eyes pulling me deep into the void beneath them. He wets his lips. My arm around his shoulder tightens as his lips meet mine. We have kissed many times before. But it was never like this. It feels as if all the tension of the situation is slowly leaving my body. He pulls me tighter to him as i respond to the kiss. The kiss grows deeper, our lips adjusting to the rhythm of each other's. He runs his nose along my jawline, down my neck and back to my lips. My fingers keep running into his hair which is so soft that they tickle my palms.

.

Things slowly come into focus as we pull away. I blink my eyes and look at his smiling face.

Oh god! I've been sitting on his lap for the last twenty minutes. His legs must be straining.

"I'm sorry..." I quickly get up from his lap to sit beside him and he winces when he stretches them. "Thats okay." He smiles. "I love having you on my lap."

"Day!" I softly nudge his elbow with mine.

He groans jokingly.

.

"Hey June!" Day calls from the front room.

"Coming. Almost done!" I call back from the kitchen. I pour the steaming coffee in mugs and take them to the living room.

"Thanks!" He says as i hand him his mug. "Hey June, i remember how i asked the people of the republic to support the Elector ten years ago. Do you think we can do this one more time?" He says hopefully. "I mean, do you think the people would still listen to me and support the Elector once again?"

.

My face break into a smile. Why didn't i think of this? Its a great idea.

I nod excitedly. "We can try this. There is a chance that people will believe you."

"You think so?" He asks.

"Yes! People listened to you then and Anden proved that you were right in supporting him. Why wouldn't they listen to you now?" I say.

"Yeah!" He thinks it over. "Alright. I'd do it once again. I'd address the people of the Republic. I'd help the Elector gain public's support one more time." He puts down his coffee mug. I put my mug down as i run to him and flatten him on the couch. I lay on top of him as he is grounded beneath me. His shirt has moved up revealing his stomach and i can feel the warmth of his skin against mine.

"Yes, one more time!" I say and kiss him harder than before.

It feels like a fire is slowly burning out from inside of me.