Part 64

Part 64

.

Anden smiles sideways. "The people might not even want me to run this country anymore."

"Mr Stavropolous, the Republic loves you. You've done great services to this country as the Glorious Elector Primo for the past twelve years." Mariana replies. "The country respects you. You'll always be our glorious Elector irrespective of the post title."

.

But Anden nods glumly and then looks at me for reassurance.

"Anden, there is nobody else who can stand against you." I say. Ugh. It came out wrong. I've never been good at words.

.

Anden looks hurt but says "I became the Elector Primo by succession when my father died. I didn't earn the post. I might not even deserve it."

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean it that way." I say. "Yes, you succeeded the previous Elector Primo. But you've proved yourself far much better than your father. If there were anyone who could've saved the Republic in the times of war, it were you. You've been the glue that has kept the Republic together."

.

"You did a great job, ya know." Day says. He was quiet since the past few minutes. "You've deserved it in the past and you deserve it now."

"Day is right. There is nobody better than you. The Republic needs you." I say.

.

"You're wrong." Anden says.

"What?" I'm confused.

"There is someone who is better than me." He says watching me intently.

"What do you mean?"

"Mr Daniel Altan Wing." Anden shifts his eyes from me to Day. "The Republic needs a new president. I want you to run for the elections."