Part 60

Part 60

.

"Tess told me that you both went to meet the Elector. " Eden says as we take our seats on the table.

Tess and Pascao! Gosh, they came here with us this morning and i forgot about them... Tess even called to tell me about Anden's decision...

"Eden, where are they? Tess and Pascao." I ask.

"That Pascao dude left as soon as the announcement was over. But Tess stayed for a while. We ate lunch together." Eden says coyly. A smile plays on his lips as he starts fidgeting with his laptop. I look at Day. He gives me a look that says 'See, where this is going!' and winks at me.

.

"Thats great. I hope you had a good time, right?" I try to catch Eden's eyes.

"Um." He finally says meeting my eyes. "Yes." Eden is blushing.

"Hey, you really like her!" I say.

Eden nods sheepishly.

"See, i told you he was a sneaky bugger!" Day laughs.

"Do you love her?" I ask.

He nods again.

"Have you told her yet?" I ask.

"No. Not yet." He says biting his lower lip. "But we are meeting again for Dinner tonight."

"Whoa... dude!" Day laughs. "Take it slow."

Eden scowls.

"Come on, Day!" I say nudging his arm.

.

"Anyways," I say. "We went to meet Anden because-"

"I know. Tess told me everything about that. Tell me what did the Elector has to say to that."

So i recount all the necessary details about our meeting with Anden.

Eden keeps nodding and saying oh's and yeah's as i tell him everything.

.

"I'm starving!" Day says.

So we order some Thai curry with cottage cheese and fried rice, while Eden helps himself with some ice tea cause he had already eaten with Tess. With Tess!

.

"The Elector seems like a really nice person," Day mutters as he finishes eating his food and wipes his mouth. "I'm sorry that i snapped at you earlier, Eden."

Eden looks up from his laptop.

He is taken by surprise.

So am i.

.

"Thats okay brother." Eden says. "I'm glad that the Elector has finally earned your respect." Eden smiles a hearty smile.

"Yeah, he did." Day says. "Though i can't believe i'm saying this."

I realise that i'm smiling too.

I pull out my phone to see if Anden has left any message for us.

No. He hasn't.

I wonder what Mariana would say. Would she be able to help?

.