Part 59

Part 59

.

"I love you, June." Day says as he slowly pulls away from me. "I love you too." I whisper back.

Day suddenly asks "June, do you really think i'd let anybody take you away from me?"

When i shake my head, he continues "I promise i won't let you go away from me. Not this time." He says with...determination.

He thinks that he had let me get away from him in the past?

.

Suddenly i find it hard to breathe.

I recall the morning at the hospital when Day had woken up after being unconscious for five months after his brain surgery.

'Do you know who i am?' I had asked him when i had sensed the unfamiliarity in his eyes.

'Should I?' He had replied...

.

I gasp. The memory still brings daggers to my heart. I'm getting paranoid.

When Day senses my discomfort, he puts his arms around me.

I hide my face in his neck.

.

We leave the Capital Tower when my paranoia finally releases me. And now we move across the empty square, that was filled with people only a couple of hours ago, towards the only oriental restaurant that lays east of the square.

.

Day doesn't let go of my hand throughout our walk to the restaurant.

As Day pushes open the glass door of the small restaurant (The wooden sign above the door says 'Hang's secret'), Eden halts midstep on the other side of the door.

It looks like he was on his way out of the restaurant.

"Oh, hi Eden!" I say.

"Hi," He smiles at me and then looks at Day. "Hey, Daniel, still mad at me?" Eden asks apologetically.

.

Day takes a moment to respond, then slaps Eden across the shoulder. "No." Day slowly smiles at Eden.

Eden hugs him for a few seconds and then asks "Wanna have lunch?"

"Yeah! Thats why we came here i guess." Day says.

"Okay." Eden turns to lead us to one of the empty tables.

Its not a crowded place but most of the tables are full.

We follow him to the table.