Part 62-63

Part 62

.

"Have you decided to send me-"

"Miss Iparis, have a seat first. We need to talk." He says before i could finish my question.

I don't move.

Anden walks to me and pulls out a chair beside Mariana.

"Please!" He says.

I take it.

Then to Day and Eden, he says "Have seats please, Mr Wing... and Mr Wing." Day takes the one beside me, Eden sits beside him.

.

Anden says "Mr and Miss del Mar, its a great honor that you have volunteered to come here from Antarctica as a part of the programme."

"Its our pleasure, Mr Stavropolous." Maria says. Then she glances at me for a second and says "I think we should take our leave now." she is smiling as she gets up to leave. Its really hard not to stare at her lovely face when she speaks. 

.

Her brother Alberto stands as well. "Gracias señores. We look forward to meeting you again." He says to all of us.

"The pleasure's been ours." Anden says back.

.

Then surprisingly, Alberto says to me "I'm sure we'll meet again now that Maria and I have become the citizens of the Republic."

"Hope you enjoy your stay." I say.

"I'm sure we will if a beautiful lady like you could show us around."

What? Did he just...

Day coughs. Alberto grins.

"Thanks." I say awkwardly sensing that all eyes in the room are on me.

Mariana walks them out the door.

.

"Miss Iparis, first things first. You are not going anywhere.

Neither are Mr Wing and his brother." Anden says.

What?

"Then how-" I start to say.

"Mr Stavropolous is not our Elector anymore." Mariana says as she takes her seat.

.

"But Anden you said you'd tell us before finalising your decision..." I say.

"I had no choice. Would you rather i send either you or Wing brothers to Antarctica?" His eyes bore into mine.

"But..." I try. "I'm sure there must be some way-"

.

"Perhaps. Thats why we needed to talk to you." Anden says and then looks at Day.

"Yeah, i know you don't want us to be here." Day says. "But you can't make us leave now."

"Oh! No. Thats not it." Anden says.

.

"Tell us everything." I say.

"As Mariana said, i'm not the Elector Primo anymore." Anden starts speaking. "I've agreed to put the President's rule in motion. The agreement remains intact. I step down. You get to stay here cause i declared your acquisition void. The Republic gets a new President."

Anden has chosen the option number 3.

He gave up his post!

To keep me here!

No. Not only me.

But Day and Eden as well.

My throat fills with gratitude for him.

.

Part 63

.

"We have already exchanged 3 talents with Antarctica. Mr Eden Bataar wing, Mr Alberto and his sister Miss Maria del Mar in exchange for 3 of our best commanders." Mariana speaks. "Mr Daniel Altan Wing, you are our fourth acquisition."

.

Can this day be any less surprising?

"Me? There was no need for that. I'd have come with Eden anyways." Day replies.

"No you possibly couldn't have." Mariana's voice is challenging.

"Why not?"

"Because we talked to the President of Antarctica and he told us that he has cancelled your transfer application." She speaks.

Day stands up.

"I'm getting sick of him!"

.

"Day, please sit down." I say.  He reluctantly obliges.

"Mr Stavropolous requested the President to approve your transfer papers but he refused. Thats why Mr Stavropolous  proposed you to be our fourth acquisition." Mariana tells us.

.

A question clicks my mind.

"If Anden is not the Elector, then who's gonna be incharge of Republic?"

"Mariana is the acting President until the new President is selected." Anden says.

I'm finding it hard to meet his eyes now.

He was born to be the Elector.

And he is losing all that because of me.

I can't let that happen.

"When are the elections?" I ask.

"In 10 days."

A plan forms in my mind.

.

"Who'll be the contenders for the post?" Day asks.

"Anden will be the one!" I say excitedly.

They all look at me as if i've grown horns.

"What?" I say. "Ofcourse. Anden has to stand in the Elections."

"Thats a wonderful idea Ms Iparis." Mariana says happily. "Mr Stavropolous will stand in the elections and he'd win it."

"I'm not sure about this..." Anden is lost in thought.

.

"Ofcourse you are. You're going to win it." I take his hand from across the table. He doesn't withdraw it this time. "You'll be the first ever President of the Republic."

.