Part 51

Part 51

.

They did!

Thats enough.

I run out of the square ignoring Tess's requests to calm down.

Day is behind me. He doesn't try to stop me. Not that i'll stop.

I want answers. How can they call my name without my permission?

.

I cross the alley and reach the Capital Tower.

Two officers are standing on guard at the gates.

They let me go inside but stop Day at the gates.

"He is with me." I fiercely grab Day's hand and take him with me.

We enter the elevator. I press the button to the floor 10. Before the elevator door closes, i see one of the guards pulling out his phone from his pockets.

I can still hear the announcement outside. Its not over yet.

.

"June, don't worry! We'll find a way out of this." Day says.

I stop tapping my leg and nod.

"I never expected this from Anden." I say.

Its floor 5 now.

He holds my slumped shoulders.

"He can never take you away from me." Day says with determination.

I have to look up at this. In his eyes. Blue eyes that always pull me into the deep blue chasm that lies beneath them.

.

We both kiss at the same time.

The elevator chimes. Its floor 10. The doors open. We pull away. Three officers are already waiting for us. I guess that the officers we left on the ground floor must have alerted them.

.

I move out first. Day is holding my hand.

"Inform your Elector that i'm here to see him." I tell one of them.

"Commander Iparis, he is in the middle of his speech. You should wait a few minutes." He tells me. I narrow my eyes at him. I pull out out my phone and dial Anden. It rings out without an answer. I guess his phone is not with him.

.

I crane my neck to look past the officers at the balcony at the end of this tenth floor corridor.  I can see Anden's head. His dark curls bobbing slightly from the talk he is doing. The President standing at his right.

.

"Anden!" I call him from 20 metres away.

The officers startle at this.

"Commander, please wait a few minutes!" One of them orders me. They won't allow us to go any further. I risk a few steps forward.

"Anden!" This time i call a little louder.

One of the officer tries to hold me back. His hand is on my shoulder to stop me from advancing any further.

Day steps in front of me, grabs the officer's wrist and roughly jerks his hand away from my shoulder.

"How dare you lay your hands on her?" Day says angrily.

.

"Thats okay. We're waiting here." I tell them. And whisper to Day "Stop!" I plead with my eyes.

I don't want Day to get himself meddled into this.

.

"June, i am not waiting, i'm going to drag him out here," Day says loudly and starts to move. "Day, stop!" I say loudly.

The officers pull out their guns and train them on Day.

I step in front of him.

.

.