Parts 45-47

Part 45

.

Whats wrong with him?

Can't he just stop giving me a hard time?

"Listen Anden," I say. "I want to know what's Eden got to do with your announcement?"

"Don't worry," he says quietly "I wont get him in trouble."

"I didn't mean it that way. I was just-" I try to explain.

"I have to go now." He says and cuts off.

.

Tess meets us at the station. She has brought Pascao along.

"Hey pretty boy!" Pascao slaps on Day's shoulder. "Hey June!"

"Hey" Day replies.

"Hi Pascao" I say. "Tess didn't tell us you were coming along." I squint at Tess "Hi Tess"

"Hi" She smiles awkwardly.

"Poor Tess didn't know that herself!" He laughs. "I came on my own. Remember its the Announcement day, so everyone is invited."

"Okay." I say.

Tess gives me a look that says 'See? I didn't bring him.'

I nod sympathetically.

.

We are in the train. Pascao requests Day to sit with him. So Tess and i take a double seat behind them.

This is the right time to ask Tess.

"Tess, do you... like Pascao?" I ask. "I mean are you guys... more than just friends?"

"What?" She says loudly. Both Pascao and Day turn in their seats. She makes a gesture like 'its nothing' at them. So they return to their conversation..

Then she says quietly "June! Ofcourse not. I like him as a friend. But he's nothing more than that."

"Oh thats... good." I say.

"Why did you ask me that? She asks.

"Um..." I try to say but i'm at a loss of words. "Um... Pascao seem to tag you everywhere these days, so i thought maybe you and him..." I finish at last.

"No. He is just a good friend." She says.

"What do you think of Eden?" I ask.

"Yeah, he is cool. Why?" she asks.

I shake my head. But she still eyes me suspiciously.

.

"So, how was your night huh?" I hear Pascao teasing Day. "Tess told me that you stayed at June's appartment last night."

"Yeah, it was fine." Day says. Did i just see him blushing? I can see one of his cheek from this seat.

"Just fine?" Pascao feigns shock and then turns on his seat to face me. "June, you didn't take proper care of our pretty boy?"

"Ofcourse she did. Or Day wouldn't be blushing like that!" Tess says and points at Day's cheek.

Pascao starts laughing.

Tess joins in.

Day is giving me a look that says 'Help! I'm stuck!'

I return the same look back to him.