But Maybe that’s why the answers hadn’t come flowing in as I expected.

I had to jump.

“Yeah, well I’m not too coordinated,” I smiled.  “I’m probably going to injure myself again when I try to get out of school for lunch.”

She raised her eyebrow, “Why don’t you just eat at the cafeteria?”

I pretended to look away in embarrassment. “Well, I prefer to not be by myself in front of everyone. I haven’t exactly made any friends so far..”

This was excellently going to plan.

Aria shifted her whole body on the chair to face me. “Well, you can sit with me and my friends if that makes you feel any better. What do you say?”

I was grinning on the inside.

“It would be my pleasure.”

Aria Montgomery.

 ***

“Well that’s Hannah,” Aria said, pointing to Hannah as she waved at me from her seated position at the cafeteria table.

“I like you, you’re the funny new girl from English aren’t you?” She said, smiling at me and gesturing to come at sit next to her.

Ugh, formalities.

I nodded and slid next to her as Aria continued to introduce me to Emily and then Spencer. Oh Spender. She reached over the table to shake my hand.

I shook it.

“So, where did you transfer from?” She said.

“Oh, I was homeschooled before,” I lied smoothly. There was no evidence anymore that stated I ever went to school.

“Wow, that’s interesting,” Aria said, taking her seat. I could tell that Spencer was already giving her the look that stated she needed to talk to Aria but introducing new people to sit with them. Risking peoples lives because theirs were infected by the A virus.

“Anyway Wha-“ I started  speaking small talk in order to gain their trust, but was cut off quickly by Spencer looking at Hannah and indicating behind me.

It was like my veins had soaked themselves in ice water and I knew whatever was behind me was nothing good.

A cold shiver racked itself against my bones.

I prevented myself from turning around.

Hannah slowly turned around, “Officer Tanner. What can we do for you?”

I froze.

All the reasons I had before to not make friends with the liars came flooding back. All personal reasons involving my indentity, the cops and...holbrook when my main goal was to get revenge on the only person that had surpassed me. Alison. The only person who dared to touch not only me, but the my family.  No matter if I died in the process.

Though I was sure that I did not want to die.

My decisions were contradicting each other.

Officer Tanner, came around the table to face all of us. Her eyes automatically landed on me.

“I’m sorry dear. Are you part of this?”

Words were stuck in my throat.

“No, she’s not.”

A voice replied behind me.

Officer Holbrooks voice replied behind me. 

__________________________

BAM! NOW ISN'T THAT EXCITING! I was waiting for a chance to bring in Holbrook and here it is. I wanted to know from all my readers what you think about Alice's character? Do you support her? Do you like her?

AND OF COURSE! WHO DO YOU SHIP? Wes and Alice or Alice and Holbrook?