Epilogue

3 years and 107 days

    The four boys had grown closer, they went out partying on weekends and on weekdays they would occasionally go out to dinner. Louis enjoyed the four boys' company because he felt as if he were getting fixed. Louis was finally being mended by the three people that he truly cared about, the same three lads who had gone through the same exact tragedy he had. These three boys meant the world to him, they grew apart at one point but found each other again. These three boys were inseparable. They filled the hole that Harry had left, he didn't need to find "true love" as long as he had these three boys who were sitting right next to him. 

4 years- 

    "We've come so far." Liam whispered. All of them sat around Harry's grave, this was a yearly thing, and they didn't plan on stopping it because to them Harry was still somehow with each and every one of them. "I'm so proud of us." Niall looked up into the air, it was a gloomy day, but the sun was peeking out behind a cloud, it was gloomy with a little bit of happiness. "He's proud of us." Zayn smiled. "We've made it this far, we shouldn't give up now. I mean look at us, we lost each other and here we are, just like old times. Can't believe we almost lost each other." Louis spoke. 

    "We almost did, but we didn't." Zayn smiled back, Zayn sighed and added "I say we take a celebratory smoke? How about you lads?" Niall pulled a cigarette out for everyone and they all lit it. 

    5 years ago Louis would've accepted a cigarette. Louis would've turned it down and start a rant about how smoking was bad for you, but that was five years ago, a lot can change in five years. Louis looks back on his life now, he's a changed person that's for sure, but these boys bring out the best in him whether they knew it or not. Niall had changed too, not all that much but a bit. He was more serious now, Niall wasn't a walking cuss machine anymore, in fact he managed to control his use of bad words and use them in appropriate situations. Zayn hadn't changed all that much, he was still calm and mellow, but he had lost a little life in his eyes. It was almost sickening to see it happen to him, but whenever he was with the boys the life came back. Then there was Liam, Liam, who took care of the boys, who was uptight, damn right he changed, he loosened up, he's gotten himself a proper job and he's perfectly happy now, everyone was happier once they had each other. 

    "To the one thing Harry loved more than hurting himself." Zayn held up his cigarette and put it back between his lips. "But don't cigarette's kill?" Louis asked while Zayn laughed "slowly but surely Donny, slowly but surely." They all continued on their bantering, they joked around they shared laughs and many memories, they felt as if Harry had never left them because in reality he did, but in their minds he hadn't. Liam Payne, Niall Horan, Zayn Malik, Louis Tomlinson and Harry Styles would always be the original prank group, that's how the school remembers them. Although they my not be on the wall of fame or the most memorable, their pranks would always be repeated in history, their pranks will always be known as theirs, because in all honesty they started it. They were the original group, they were the ones who caused trouble and got into trouble, but it as always as a group. 

    Before they got kicked out of the graveyard, they all put their plants on Harry's grave. They decided that flowers were too original and that when their plants grow, they will grow into tall trees. Louis brought a baby oak tree hoping one day it would turn into a big oak tree, right beside Harry's grave, because if there was one thing Harry loved the most about being on here, it was the oak trees. Harry had always admired oak trees, they were his secret get away. "They'll probably chop it down before it gets too tall." Liam said killing the mood. "It's the thought that counts Li." Louis replied. 

    When Louis got home he laid down and thought how much his life took a dramatic turn. God forbid anyone else goes through what Louis did, but you can't stop death. Death is part of the human nature, it's a cycle of how life works, death simply cannot be stopped. It was in that moment that Louis felt Harry's presence beside him. It was that moment Louis knew had to let go, it was that moment Louis realized he hadn't handled Harry's death in a proper manner. Harry had surely changed Louis, for the better of course. He opened up Louis eyes, and Louis thought he should be thankful to have known Harry Styles because there was only one of Harry, and Louis couldn't have been more enchanted by it. He loved Harry but it was that moment Louis finally let Harry go. It was that moment Louis finally let Harry rest in peace, it was that moment Louis finally moved on, because that moment was the start of a new Louis. That moment was a start of Louis new life, leaving everything behind him. Every sad feeling he could drop, it was that moment Louis finally felt free. Louis was letting go, Louis was going to be happy again. In that moment Louis was happy, and he would continue to be happy, not for Harry's sake but for his own, for his own and for the people around him. Louis wasn't going to mope around anymore, Louis was going to be happy. Louis is happy. Louis is finally happy. 

    But there would still be a part of Harry Styles in Louis Tomlinson. Still.