Twenty Two

3 years from Harry's death

    It's not that Louis had forgotten, of course not. Eventually though, he moved on with his life and kept carrying on. Louis now had a boyfriend whom he had been dating for 6 months, Louis had not mentioned Harry to his boyfriend. Although every time his boyfriend came to Louis flat he would look at the pictures displayed around. His boyfriend had asked once, and Louis simply replied 'just a really good friend of mine.' and Harry was never brought up again. Louis had been a lot more distant though in this relationship, he wasn't as clingy and lovey, he hadn't told his boyfriend he loved him, and didn't plan to at all. Louis gave up a long time ago, no longer believing love. Love was no longer a feeling, it was just another word in the depth of a black hole. His boyfriend put up with him though, and Louis was thankful if not grateful. 

    Louis was now at Harry's grave with Liam, Niall and Zayn. No one else had come, not even his own father. It was silent, they hadn't seen each other in a year. Rumours had it that Zayn and Liam were an item but Louis didn't bother to ask, it wasn't his place to. He didn't count these four boys his friends anymore, they were more acquaintances now, Louis didn't want to lose them, but it was too late. They stand around Harry's grave quietly not knowing what to say. Not even Niall could bare to break the ice, the tension was being pulled back by a rubber band and was about to snap. It was 8:00 at night, the sun was down, nothing but the chirps of the birds made noise. They all looked at each other, all of them knew this isn't what it's supposed to be like , Louis knew this is what Harry wouldn't want. Silence at a grave has got to be the most depressing thing. 

    "How have you guys been?" Liam finally asks. "v'been good. Own my own club now, you guys should definitely come down and party." Niall smiles and is all jumpy, his accomplishment of owning his own club has been his biggest accomplishment these past three years. "All the studying for owning a sick club, nice one Ni." Zayn gave Niall a bone crushing hug and let him go. " What happened to us?" Zayn finally spoke up. 

    "We grew apart. Harry's death took a toll upon us, of course he was the glue that kept us together. We used to be the best of friends." All the boys looked at Liam, sad eyes and sympathy. Sympathy for what? Sympathy for themselves (in the least self-centred way) because their best friend had died and here they are not showing any kind of love or memories in his loss, sympathy for each other because Harry had taken a big part of each and every single one of them. Sympathy for the people around them because they were still broken. 

    They continued to talk, they made plans for next weekend, turns out Liam and Zayn were dating, and in all honesty Louis was happy for them. Happy because they are getting what him and Harry couldn't, happy because he's watching two of his best mates living what he and Harry can't anymore. Happy because they deserved the happiness, they deserved every bit of it. Happiness only comes to the people who deserve it, true happiness comes to the people who find it within themselves. Louis didn't deserve it, nor did he find it within himself. He lived a life of darkness and he was dragging people along with him, people that he didn't exactly care about but people he knew didn't deserve it. 

   That was the end of it though, they were brought back to reality by the grave yard workers interrupting them telling them they needed to leave. Louis wasn't looking forward to going home, he knew his boyfriend would be waiting up for him wondering where he's been because he still didn't know about Harry. Louis was a broken piece of art in everyone's eyes. Broken yet beautiful in most people's eyes. And to Harry he will always be his beautiful broken art, because Louis belonged to Harry, even though he's gone, Louis belonged to Harry or at least a big piece of him.