Chapter Two

Smoke Hole: “Well Donny here it is.” Harry sat down in the blue plastic chair, we were in the middle of the woods, no one else was here. “We come here to drink and smoke, out of sight, out of mind.” Zayn lit a cigarette and put it in between his lips before leaning on the tree trunk.

“Oi!” I heard someone yell, Zayn and Harry both turned their heads before getting up and running towards the blonde haired kid. “What, Irish boy?’ Harry pulled the boy into a hug and Zayn did the same. “Niall this is Louis, Louis this is Niall, he’s from Ireland, and he’s from Doncaster.” Zayn said in one breath. “So is it just the three of you?” Louis asked.

    “One more, Liam. He usually gets here a day after moving in. That’s just how he is.” Niall kindly replied. Niall took a cigarette from Zayn and lit it. “So all of you smoke?” I asked.

    “Drink, smoke and prank. That’s pretty much our life, you’re up for one hell f’a year Donny boy.” I laughed and Zayn handed me a lit cigarette. I don’t particularly smoke, only because 1. My parents (mum) would kill me if I did 2. My sisters look up to me 3. I never bothered to try it.

I took the cigarette from Zayn and put it in between my lips, I inhaled the smoke before letting out a never-ending string of coughs. “First time?” Harry raised an eyebrow and smiled at me. “Uhm, yeah.” I said shyly. I tried it another time, it wasn’t as bad as the first but I still let out a few coughs. “You get used to it.” Niall said before throwing his cigarette into an empty beer bottle.

    We stayed out until the sun started setting, “well I’m taking Niall with me to go see Perrie, Donny, walk with Harry back to the dorm rooms, he can get you dinner.” I watched as Zayn and Niall walked away from us, then I turned my head to Harry. “I want to show you one more thing. Timing is important going here, and tonight would be a perfect night to show you.” Harry grabbed my hand before we ran off into the opposite direction from where we came from. I tried my best to avoid tripping over tree roots, and rocks. But Harry just kept pulling me, that is until we made a sudden stop. Harry let go of my hand and walked away, the light had gone down, so it was hard to see him. But then I heard his footsteps behind me and he turned me around so that I was facing a lake. “The moons reflection, on the water, one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen.” I agreed with him. The sight before my eyes was something like I've never seen before, it was alluring to the eyes. “This is my favourite place on campus, mostly everyone knows about it but no one goes here.” Harry explained to me.

    “C’mere.” Harry grabbed my wrist this time and we sat down on what I'm guessing a swing set. “It makes me feel free, being here. I don’t usually explain this to people, hell, I don’t talk about this with people but, sometimes, you just got to let it out.” Louis stayed silent as he listened to Harry’s steady breaths.

    After a few seconds of silence Harry looked at Louis “how about you? What do you do to feel like yourself again?” Louis thought to himself. Nothing. Nothing at all, Louis was always himself except right now, sitting beside this gorgeous boy, Louis self-esteem lowered by a lot, how could he be himself. “I don’t know. I guess when I’m with family.” Harry laughed and got off the swings and started walking away. Louis finally got up and caught up to Harry. “So I’m assuming we’re getting dinner?” Louis quietly asked, he hasn’t eaten since earlier and his stomach was grumbling. “Yeah, unless you want to starve to death.” Once the school was in sight I was a bit happy.

    We finally reached Harry’s room. He opened his mini fridge and brought out a 2 cold pizza slices and 2 beers to go along with it. “Is it okay to drink-like in the dorm rooms?” Harry looked at me and nodded his head “Just as long as we don’t get caught, lights off at 10, and it’s only 8:30, we’ve got time Lou, trust me I know what I’m doing.” I thought of the nickname that just slid off of Harry’s mouth, it’s different from Donny, it seems as it’s his own personal name for me. I sat down on the brown couch and ate my cold pizza, I prefer my pizza hot but right now I wasn’t in any mood to fight it I was hungry and I was willing to eat anything. “So Lou, I mean, Louis or Donny, or whatever the fuck you want to be called. Maybe you should leave now, it’s already 9:30 and I don’t want you to get in trouble.”

    Once I left Harry’s room, I entered my room. I saw Zayn on his bed reading a book. “She’s a fucking bitch.” Zayn said out of the blue. “Who is?”

“My girlfriend.” He simply replied. He then put down his book and looked at me. “I didn’t do anything wrong, honestly. I had dinner with her and she got all mad because I invited Niall to come, she’s always been like that and its irritating me and she’s irking me and I don’t know.” I didn’t know what to say, I was too scared I might say the wrong things, I don’t know Zayn well enough to give any advice. So I decided staying silent was my best choice. “Have you ever cared so much about someone, but they just annoy the living shit out of you that you could push them away and leave them, but when you do you start to miss them more than anything?” As soon as he asked that, 4 girls  came to mind. My sisters. “Yeah, actually I have.” I then heard the soft snores of my roommate. I guess it was time for me to sleep to.