Chapter Seventeen

Day 68

February 1st

    "Happy Birthday Harry!" All the boys were in Harry's bedroom, they had a cake and a balloon and a banner that read 'to the best prankster on campus or maybe ever' Harry laughed and thanked them. It was a school day, but all the boys ditched for Harry's birthday and went down to the beach. It was a 3o minute drive from their school, Louis drove, Zayn rode shotgun and all the other boys were in the back messing around. 

    "It's too cold to go swimming, what are we doing here?" Harry asked. "Hanging out, ditching school, being free-" Niall interrupted Zayn's thoughtful speech "Smoking weed." All the boys busted into laughter and they pulled out the joints. They do this every year on one of the boys birthday and this year happened to be Harry's.

   Once they all smoked they were all shits and giggles. Louis and Harry were practically groping each other while the other boys cheered them on. Once it died down, they all grabbed the food they packed. "Damn, best day ever." Harry smiled, dimpled deep and teeth showing. 

   "You guys are the bestest friends ever." It was obvious they were drunk, everyone except Louis. "I have the best boyfriend, the best friends and everything is perfect. I mean perfectly perfect and peachy and Louis I love you." Harry pulled Louis onto his lap and peppered him with kisses. "Harry you're drunk." Harry giggled into Louis chest and looked up at Louis with glossy eyes "I love you Louis." Louis sat there shocked, this isn't how he imagined Harry telling him that he loves him for the first time. Especially when Louis would remember it and Harry wouldn't. "Thanks Haz." Was all Louis could say back. 

Day 69

    All the boys were hungover, so Louis took care of them in the morning and went to class after. He left aspirin by each of the boys and a glass of water. During first period all the boys were awake with headaches. "Thanks Louis you're amazing." Louis brought out wet rags and helped them to the trash can and wiped their mouths from the vomit. "God you're amazing." Niall said. 

That's exactly how they spent the day, in bed while Louis took care of them

Day 70

    "Seven more days until the anniversary." Harry told Louis. "Don't think about it babe. I'll go with you if you want me to." Harry shook his head. "This is something I have to do alone. I mean besides my Dad, but this is mine and his thing, I just don't want him to feel like you're intruding." Louis nodded his head in understanding. "That's fine." 

    "Listen Louis, I just need to thank you for everything. You're a truly amazing person." Louis laughed and kissed Harry, "you too babe." They stayed in bed for the rest of the day watching movies and making out. 

Day 73

   Harry and Louis do their regular schedule. They have the boys over after classes and they hang out.

Day 76

    One more day until the anniversary and Harry is totally forgetting about it. 

Day 77

    The death anniversary of Anne and Gemma. 

    6:00 p.m.

   The phone is ringing out in the hall. Louis goes and decides to answer it. 

   "Hello?" 

    "Hello. May I please speak with Harry Styles?" 

     "yes sir." 

     Louis goes and gets Harry inside the dorm room. "Harry someone want's to talk to you on the phone." Harry gets up, pecks Louis and goes to the phone out in the hall. 

    "Hello?" 

     "Harry? Where were you today?"

     "Dad?"

     "Son, did you forget?"

     "No, I mean, yes, but, it slipped my mind with school and everything. I'm coming right now."

     "I left Harry, you'll have to go there alone." 

     Harry said good bye to his father. He joined Louis back in the dorm room and decided to drink. Louis found it strange because by the time Liam, Zayn and Niall joined them Harry already chugged down five beers. "Mate, you didn't even wait?" Niall joked. "Guys I have to go somewhere, I'll be back." Harry got up and Louis followed. "Where are you going babe?" 

    "I have to leave, I'll be right back, I promise. I love you, forever and ever okay? Don't forget it Louis, You're such an amazing person. You've been such a huge impact on me and I don't want you to ever forget that. I love you. I love you so much. Still?" Louis thought it was the beer taking over his body but he felt like somewhere in there Harry meant his words. "Still. I love you Harry, hurry back soon, be careful okay?" Harry smiled and gave Louis one last kiss before making his way out of the building. 

    "Where'd he go?" Zayn asked. "Probably to get more smokes and beer." Louis sat down on the couch before drinking a beer himself. "You let him go alone?" Liam asked. "Yeah, he looked like he didn't want me there with him." They all agreed. 

-an hour later- 

    "Guys, I think we should look for Harry, it's been an hour." All the boys got up, they didn't drink much without him because they were waiting for Harry to come back with the beers. "yeah, let's go see if he crashed out in the quad or something."

-after the search-

    "Guys, I can't find him!" Louis cried out. "Louis it's okay, it's fine. We'll find him. What was the last conversation you had with him before he started drinking." Louis thought back to the phone call. "Well we were talking about our english essays and then he got a phone call." 

    "From who?" Liam asked. "Some man, I'm not exactly sure." They all went back to Louis and Zayn's dorm, worried. There was a a loud bang on the door, Louis looked up in hope it was Harry, but when Niall answered it Eleanor and Perrie came into their room out of breath and tears running down their faces. "Front office, you guys have to go there right now. Everyone's there, but they're asking for you four." All the boys were in shock, once they realized what had hit them they made a run for the front office and there was surely a crowd and police cars. Something told Louis that it was Harry, but he denied it, he wanted to not believe it, but deep down in the pit of his stomach he knew this had something to do with Harry. 

    "Hello lads, I'm aware that you guys haven't heard the news yet." The principal was in front of all the four boys. "What news?" Zayn said angrily. "Please come into my office." All the four boys entered the office, worried, because they all knew what this was about. 

    "I am really sorry to inform you-"

     And that was it, that was it for all of them.