Jughead *requested*

This is for @DrenchMeInDoritos
Sorry for the long wait, I'm back from the dead. Prom dress is in the media

∆∆∆

Jughead Jones. Where to start? Well, he's my best friend. We have similar interests/styles. The only difference is that he can wear a beanie and I can't because of my unruly curly dark blue hair.

But thats not why we are gathered here today.

Well this isn't a wedding either so get that thought going elsewhere.

No, I'm going to ask Jughead to prom.

It's a crazy idea, no doubt. I mean like I said he is my best friend.

But I'm working on changing that.

The bell rings, forcing me from my thoughts. I blink a few times and shut my locker door, heading to AP Government.

This is a class I have with Jughead, and the class in which I have decided to prom-pose.

He's in his seat right next to mine, and waves halfheartedly when I walk in.

I was beyond nervous. My palms were sweaty and I felt like I might throw up.

Our teacher drones on and on about the Articles of Confederation, and how that failure of government pushed the United States towards the constitution.

Jughead leans over to whisper in my ear, "I don't believe in honors classes. Its perpetuates societal mannerisms of nerd vs. average student. Disgusting."

I giggle a little and roll my eyes, "Then why are you in an AP class, Jug?"

He laughs this time, leaning back in his desk's chair. "Well I guess its because I thoroughly enjoy the archetype of hypocrisy and rebellion, dear."

I shake my head and turn towards the teacher, quietly taking out a sheet of paper.

I begin to write on it, saying: 'This is beyond a doubt elementary, but would you like to go to prom with me?

Check yes or no, or maybe even create your own box saying how intolerable I am.

Thanks, Cara x'

I fold the paper up, and move my hands to gain his attention.

When he looks over, pencil inbetween his lips, I hand him the note.

My cheeks heat up as he reads it, making me want to barf.

He mimics my earlier actions to get me to look at him.

He slides the note into my hand.

I unfold it, and their are two boxes checked. The 'yes' box and one he made on his own.
'You are actually quite tolerable.'

I smirked in excitement.

∆∆∆

The day had finally arrived, it was prom night.

I had spent the past week shopping, anticipation clustering in my gut.

I knew Jughead would react when he saw me, because I am going to look totally different. We are going to meet at the school, to break norms of guy picking up girl, for lack of better words.

My hair was its natural curly, but tamed for the occasion. I was wearing a beautiful ombre blue dress that matched my hair, instead of my usual ripped skinny jeans and gray tee.

I couldn't bring myself to part with my gray converse, however, and I wore them with my dress.

I tucked a piece of hair behind my ear, as I walked up to the gym door.

Everyone turned to look at me, gasps filling the gym. Understandable, this is the nicest I have ever looked.

I spot Jughead immediately. He is in his usual attire with a suit jacket thrown over it.

He is smiling, and so am I.

"You look amazing." He says as I close the distance to him.

"Thanks, you don't look too shabby."

"M'lady," he bows, extending his hand, "may I have this dance?"

The song was Chasing Cars. "You may." I answer, hand placed in his.

His other hand finds my waist, my other arm wrapping around his neck.

We sway in time to the music, smiles decorating our faces the whole time.

Once the song ends, I find myself leaning in, and Jughead does too.

We meet in the middle and kiss, which was shocking.

He smiles into it, and I break away, biting my lip.

Best. Prom. Ever.