Archie x Reader

"I have to get my schedule changed." You thought to yourself as fello classmates sang and talked animatedly around you.

You, however, sat in a blue plastic chair, arms folded over your chest. You tapped your foot to the piano, but didn't burst out in song like many others.

You always enjoyed singing, but that was when you were home and nobody could hear you.

"Class!" The chorus director called out. "Alright, in your seats."

The piano stopped abruptly and the rest of your class scrambled for a chair.

"I'm excited to announce the next project we'll be working on!" She clapped her hands together in said excitement.

The rest of the class listened intently, meanwhile you only wanted to know what terrible singing activity you will have to do to get a good grade.

"Class, we will be working in duets." The kids cheered, but you widened your eyes in fear.

"Ah, not so fast!" She said, calming the teens once more. "I've picked your partner for you. I want to push people out of their comfort zone."

You rolled your eyes. Working with any one at all was out of your comfort zone. The people around you sighed, no doubt wanting Archie Andrews as their duet partner.

Everyone knows Archie has a great voice. I mean, Archie is just good at everything.

The teacher scrambled for the list of pairs she had made, "Alright now listen up. Melanie and Frank, Zoe and Bethany, Sydney with Tanner, Archie with y/n--"

You practically had to stop yourself from an anxiety attack. Sure, Archie is a great singer and everything, but he was also a huge crush of yours since elementary school.

Archie looked towards you and smiled. You smiled meekly back at him.

The teacher instructed the class to meet with their partner to discuss song choices.

Archie moved over to sit in the ever-empty chair next to you.

You both smiled in a greeting before you set it straight.

"Look, I don't really sing all that much. So pick something with a small part for me."

He knitted his eyebrows together. "I've heard you sing before, on your way home from school. You usually walk right past my house just as I'm getting home. So I know you're great. What about "I Know What You Did Last Summer" by Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello?"

You blushed slightly at the fact he had heard you sing. "Eh, too overdone. "Beneath Your Beautiful" by Labyrinth and Emeli Sandae?" (If you haven't heard this song go listen to it plz its sooo good)

He nodded in agreement and tested you his adress, inviting you to his place to practice.

You only had two days to rehearse before performing these on Monday.

××××

You looked up at Archie's house, pondering whether to knock or ring the doorbell.

Before you had decided, Archie opened the door, pulling you in the house.

He had printed the lyrics, two copies actually, one for you and one for him.

×××

After hours of practicing, you  two decided to take a break.

"You sound really good, y/n." Archie said, opening a granola bar and plopping onto the couch.

You blushed, but shook your head. You weren't good at all.

"I mean it. You sound great. I think I'm the luckiest in the class."

You opened your mouth in shock. Him the lucky one?

"Are you kidding me? I'm the lucky one. I get to work with Archie Andrews. Riverdale's all American boy." You were being slightly sarcastic but you could feel yourself losing whatever control you had over your words.

"I mean," you continued, " You're great at football, I've seen you play. And you're a great singer, plus you're super hot-" you clamped a hand over your mouth. How could you be so embarassing? You felt your cheeks heat up.

Grabbing your bag, you almost ran to the door, but you were stopped by the sensation of a hand around your wrist.

"Dont leave. For the record I think you're super hot too." He laughed.

×××

That Monday, you rocked your duet and got quite the standing ovation.

Hahahahah this sucks someone stop me.