Archie Part 2

I wouldn't use the word regret, necessarily.

More like hesitant.

I've had a crush on Archie since I was six. He hasn't ever showed any affection towards me until my return, and it was confusing.

Meanwhile, Jughead has always been infatuated with me since six.

I sat on my bed, contemplating my options.

Suddenly, my phone rang, shocking me out of my thoughts.

The caller I.D. showed 'Jughead ♡' and I slid to answer.

"Hello?" I said, flopping into my bed.

"So, he said, a deep sigh following shortly after, "a date with Archie, huh?"

Your eyes widened because you couldn't believe he had found out so quickly. The date was agreed upon nearly two hours ago, for tomorrow, at Pop's.

"Uh, yeah. Yeah I guess that is what I'm doing." You closed your eyes and banged your head lightly against the wall you were propped up on.

You practically heard his heart break. "What about me, Bell?"

You couldn't take it. You ended the call and started crying immediately.

What were you supposed to do? You have loved these guys since the day you met them and having to decide between them was pure torture.

At this point it would be better if you were back in Australia.

At least then nobody would fight over you.

You halfheartedly dialed Archie's number and it began to ring.

"Hey Arch, how are you doing?" my hand rested upon my clammy forehead.

"I'm doing great, Bella I'm glad you asked. I'm really excited for our date tomorrow." His smile transferred through the phone. You felt bad, really you did. But how are you supposed to make this decision fair? You love them both and the feelings of both Jughead and Archie matter so much to you, that you don't know how to make them both happy. 

"About that Arch..." You trailed off.

"Oh Bella, don't tell me you're canceling? I can cancel our plans, don't worry about it. Or maybe Veronica can come with me."

You gritted your teeth, "No, Arch. That was't what I was going to say at all. I wanted to tell you how excited I am. Bye." You said abruptly, ending the phone call. Tossing your phone onto your bed, you were practically read to tear your hair out. 

Wandering over to your closet, you decided to pick your outfit, because Saturday afternoon was steady approaching, and you could't wait last minute. Besides, you won't be sleeping much anyway, so as the guilty heart goes. 

***

It was now 11:15 in the morning, about 45 minutes before Archie would be coming to pick you up. 

Your makeup was perfected and you did your best to ignore the burning in your stomach while you watched "American Pickers" on the TV.

45 minutes went by quicker then you would have thought with your nervous anticipation.

Swinging the door open, you smiled when you caught Archie smoothing down his hair.

He smiled brightly at you, extending his arm for you to take. Giggling, your trip to Pop's diner felt like 5 minutes because of the fun you were having singing along to the radio.

He opened the restaurant door and guided you to a booth. 

You agreed upon two shakes and two orders of chili cheese fries, and were making small talk whenever the bell above Pop's diner chimes. 

In walks Jughead, looking extremely grieved by the situation. Your heart skipped a beat when you saw him, and you felt guilty instantly.

"Bella, I don't know where to start. I have loved you since the moments I set eyes on you in pre-school. I can't let you go so easily to him! He did't even notice you until you hit puberty. Bella, c'mon. What do you say?"

PICK YOUR ENDING COMMENT IF YOU WOULD PICK ARCHIE OR JUGHEAD