Reggie x Reader

You tended to your boyfriend's injured face, holding ice over his eye and examining a scratch on his cheek.

He got these said injuries tonight, a few hours earlier, while playing for the championships.

We won.

But you knew while watching that this was gonna be rough on him later.

Reggie always did his best during his games. Played to maximum level, leaving it all on the field. It's hard to watch from where you stand, though.

You couldn't stand him getting hurt, as was the case tonight.

He sat on the sink in his bathroom, you standing between his legs.

"Oh Reggie. I wish you wouldn't get hurt so much." You sighed, moving the alcohol pad across his scratch.

He hissed. "Believe me, I would love nothing more to not get hurt y/n, but it's well worth it in the end."

You nodded and bit your lip. "Alright all-star. Take a shower, it will loosen your muscels. I'll be on the bed when you get out.

×××

You were so into the movie you were watching that you didn't even realize that Reggie had gotten out of the shower.

He walked out of his bathroom with basketball shorts on, but you could still see the water droplets that formed on his shoulder blades when you whipped your head towards him.

He lifted his towel to lazily dry his hair. After the completion of his task, he flopped on 'his' side of the bed.

Now, you two didn't live together, but you had designated bed sides at eachother's houses.

You groaned at the impact of his large body jumping on the bed.

You saw his eye was swelling up again, so you got out of bed and walked to the kitchen.

When you had gotten back, Reggie rolled his eyes at the sight of the ice pack in your hands.

"What? Too tough for even an ice pack, Mantle?" You said teasingly.

He rolled his eyes yet again but reached for the ice pack. Instead of grabbing the ice pack, he closed his fingers around your wrist, tugging you on top of his body.

"You're the only thing that makes me feel better, y/n." He kissed your head so you would lie still.

I guess the two of you lost track of time, for you woke up the next morning, late for school.