Archie X Reader

It had been three weeks. Three whole weeks since Geraldine Grundy wrecked it all.

×××××××

Archie and Y/N were Riverdale High's most likely to last. But he had to go and do this now didn't he?

Your anniversary was the day Grundy left town. One year that you spent with that boy, just for him to do this to you. Needless to say, when Alice Cooper drug both yourself and Betty to see this you couldn't believe it. You thought everything was okay. I mean, you were just going to Betty's for a sleepover and now your relationship was in shambles.

To make matters worse, he stuck up for her. They had been doing this thing for a while, and no one told you. He didn't tell you. The person you trusted most.

When it was finally decided that Geraldine/Jennifer whoever was going to leave, the room was silent.

Except for your sobs, of course. You sat in a teal armchair while Betty crouched by your side.

Poor Fred, he looked like he had seen a ghost. He wanted to help you, I swear it. He just didn't know what to say. What's appropriate in a time like this?

Archie. He looked as broken as you did. He was stuck, like someone had pored concrete around his feet to keep him in that place. His hands were held out, towards you. Like he wanted to hold you again, and say something, anything to make it seem better.

Y/N's clouded eyes saw him. All of him. What was left. Y/N saw the marks of her. You could see the trail of her fingers in his hair, her arms around his neck. Her lipstick was visible against his steady pailing face. You could smell where she once was. In the arms of the man that was supposed to be all yours.

"Archie how long? How long have you been doing this to me?" You spoke, choking through the words.

"Since the summer. I don't know what came over me, Y/N. I swear." He said, moving his concrete shoes a little closer to you.

"But you have feelings for her, right?" You laughed mirthlessly, "I mean, that's why you stuck up for her against Ms. Alice. That's why you could stand to break my heart, for her."

And with that, you walked away, Betty following suit.

××××××

A week after this happened, you sat at the diner with Betty and Jughead, while they worked on Jason's case. Your eyes were still puffy, and you felt like you were dying.

"You guys. I know it's been a week or so, but I still, I don't know, I can't get over it in the slightest." You talked full of energy, but kept your head down towards your lap to hide the fact you actually had none.

Jughead looked at you guiltily. You and Jug had always been good friends, and it was eating away at him that he didnt tell you sooner."You know, Y/N, I'm sorry. I knew. About a week before it blew up. I'm sorry."

Your mouth dropped in shock. Weren't there any real friends in this town? Betty was true, and Juggie was just trying to protect you, but you left without another sound.

××××××××

"Archie, man, listen to me," Jughead spoke quickly, "She's miserable without you, though she deserves better," he muttered that last part under his breath. He now had Archie's attention.