Jughead x Reader

Moving to Riverdale in the middle of  sophomore year was now doubt traumatizing. You and your mom moved into a two bedroom apartment on the southside, yet your mom insisted on you attending Riverdale High. She didnt want you caught up in gangs, or drugs, or anything of the sort.

The apartment itself was quite rundown, but better than nothing at all, admitedly. You arrived in Riverdale from y/h/t (your hometown) at about midnight. You wished unpacking could wait until morning, but all of your belongings, however few, were in boxes and garbage bags.

"Look y/n, I know this isn't fair. You were doing so well at your old school, and I know you miss your friends. But I just know you'll love Riverdale," your mom said, flipping on the lighrswitch, only no light came. "That's funny, I had the utilities turned on."

You groaned, slipping back on your tattered converse. "I'll go get flashlights, it'll give me some chances to explore." You said, tugging on a light jacket and slipping your phone inside its pocket.

Your mom nodded, and you walked out the door.

  ×××

Your feet thudded hardly on the concrete sidwalk, while you looked at what the southside had to offer. Several bars was the center of the economy, apparently.

The dim lighting of a dollar store caught your eye, and you strode that way.

It being a little passed midnight at this point, you cringed when the door bell rang to signal your arrival. Inside was one cashier, and a few costumers gathering late night snacks and drinks.

This was just the case for young Jughead Jones. He had finally convinced his foster parents for a few buck to buy candy. After all, that was the only thing that brought him joy since his dad got locked up.

He was peering at a case of chocolate chip cookies, debating whether those would be better than sour patch kids, when a girl crashed into him, knocking his hat off.

"Oh, gosh, I'm real sorry mister," She said, picking up his beanie. "I just moved here, I don't know where the flashlights are in this store--"

"So you decided to turn into Sonic the Hedgehog to find out?" Jughead smirked.

"Well, um no that wasn't the goal." You blushed.

"Then what is?" He asked, staring at the gray beanie that your slender fingers still held.

You thrust the beanie into his arms, "That is yet to be determined." You arched your brow.

He smiled, looking at you from head to toe, "I mean my goal right now is to take a pretty girl out for a milkshake, if she's up for it." Jughead asked, holding out his hand.

You nodded, taking his hand.

Three years later, you two attended a fine arts college, engaged. The night you met began a beautiful relationship.

×××

A/N: I know the ending really sucked. Requests are open!!!!