Bughead

Betty

This is crazy. Jughead had me pinned against the wall. His hands rested on my hips. I knew where this was going, and frankly I didn't want to stop, but there was a knock on the door.

Jughead stopped kissing me. He looked at the door and then back to me with furrowed eyebrows. I was at a loss for words. Who could it be? I was afraid to know.

  I mean, F.P. was in jail, with Sheriff Keller keeping close tabs on him.

Jughead motions for me to stay quiet by placing a slender finger against his swollen lips.

He creeps over to the fragile door. He and I both took a deep breath, and before I knew it the door creaked open.

Jughead looked suprised, yes. Did he look scared? No.

As quietly as I could, I creeped over as well. I held my shirt over my chest, searching Jughead's face for some sort of sign.

A muffled voice spoke out to Jug, and I listened intently. He said something along the lines of F.P being in jail wouldn't change their support for him and Jughead.

  He was reaching out for something. A jacket.  A Serpents jacket.

He put it on.

"Jug?"

His head snapped towards my voice, he had sorry eyes.

He turned back to the gang of serpents, saying his goodbyes.

I had pulled my shirt over my head and began looking for a window big enough to crawl out of.

Jughead! This isn't you. What are you doing?

I hadn't found a good sized window.  I heard the door shut and lock. "Now, where we're we?" Jug said, reaching for me.

I backed up, "Jughead." He looked confused.

"Yes, Betty?"

"I-I can't do this. Not like this. I love you more than anything in the world and always will, I hope you know that--"

He sat on the couch his large hands covering his face. Suddenly he raked those hands through his raven colored hair. "Betty. What are you saying?"

I closed my eyes to prevent tears from spilling over. "I'm saying, if you don't stop this," I gesticulated wildly with my hands flying everywhere, "whatever it is, I'm gone. Jug, this isn't who you are."

"Oh please Betty. This is who I am, maybe I have just pretending to be someone else. This is all I'm good for."

"Jughead, stop. You're a gifted writer. You're smart and kind and you love kittens. Don't act like you want this, Juggy. I love you."

"No you don't Betty. You think you do. But really you're incapable. I'm a serpent. My dad is a serpent. This is my destiny."

"Why can't you just let someone love you? Why can't you just believe me?"

"Because Betty," He stood up and I crossed my arms, "I don't deserve it. I don't deserve you. You are going to grow up in your suburban life, go to college for writing and swear you'll never come back to Riverdale. But really you'll come back. You'll marry someone like Archie because that's normal. Hell, you might even marry Archie himself. And that's fine. You two will have three kids and live at the end of a cul-de-sac. You'll become the very people you loathe so much. Your parents. You think you're rebelling just because you're doing the same thing every other suburban teenage girl does. Dating a boy from the wrong side of the tracks just to piss your mommy off. In ten years time you'll never think about me again. I will be here, I won't ever leave."

The tears spilled openly now. "That's not true. Not one bit. Jug, I love you and that's the truth. That's all I know. What I had pictured for myself was us sharing an apartment off our college campus. All I know is I want to share my future with you. But I can't do that if you're gonna act like this is what you want. I know what you want."

He started crying, I was already. My instinct was to hold him despite my feelings right now. So that's what I did. We could figure this out later.

I JUST RE-READ THIS AND IM UNPUBLISHING IT AND PUBLISHING IT AGAIN BC OF ALL THE ERRORS!!!!