Archie *requested*

This is for @Hannie4ever8115

My bags felt heavy in my arms, I swear they never weighed this much.

The little humble house that stood in front of me warmed my heart, because I had been missing it for 5 years.

I smiled and bit my lip while I reached for the doorknob.

I was living in Australia with my dad to study the indigenous animals that thrived in that area. I have always loved animals, and I plan on being a zoologist when I'm older.

But now that I'm back here in Riverdale with my mom I'm eager to see the people I have missed for so long.

My best friend Jughead Jones, whom I have known since I was eating crayons.

My other best friend/ kinda crush Archie Andrews, another one of the people I have known for what feel like forever.

The heels of my boots click against the hardwood floor of my living room. This place hadn't changed at all.

My mom walked to me with arms wide open and an even wider smile on her face.

"Oh honey, I'm so glad to see you!" She kissed my check and told me to leave my bags down here and she'll take them up and put my stuff where it belongs.

"Be careful," I said, "Its really heavy."

"Go out and see those friends of yours, they have missed you." She mused.

"Does Archie still live where he used to?"

Mom nodded her head.

I began the walk to Archie's house, waving at the people along the street. Something seemed different, as if something we're out of place.

××××

My balled fist wavered and I weighed my options. What if he doesn't remember me? What if he hates me for leaving all those years ago?

I built up the courage to knock anyway, despite to very possible negative outcomes.

Fred Andrews answers the door and my face lights up. I couldn't fight the instinct to throw my arms around him, as he was much like a second father to me.

"Bella! What are you doing? What's it been? Five, almost six, years?" He had let you go by this time and the commotion brought Archie bumbling down the stairs.

Unlike your house, Archie had changed. You practically had to reach your hand close to your mouth to push it closed.

I smiled and made my way over to him as Fred closed the door.

Shortly behind Archie however, was Jughead. A two-fer.

Jughead looked the same as he always had, but of course more mature looking.

He got to you before Archie could. You held your arms out because he held you around your shoulders.

He sighed with relief. "Oh goodness, Bel, don't leave like that ever again."

You giggled to draw attention away from the tears gathering in your eyes. These people had been your life for such a long time, and you had learned to cope for five years.

So being around them so suddenly was surprising and almost like you were meeting them again for the first time.

Jughead placed his hands on each of your shoulders, stepping back to admire you.

You knew Jughead liked you, he had since 4th grade. He asked you out every year since.

It's not like Jughead wasn't attractive, it's just I mentioned earlier your flavor is more red.

After Jughead had finally let you go, Archie leaned down to bring you into his arms and you closed your eyes upon the impact.

He smelled the same. Like strawberry shampoo and graham crackers.

You smiled into his chest. "I missed you so much, Arch."

"I missed you more than you can imagine, Bella. Can I talk to you for a moment?"

You nodded your head and Fred and Jughead looked on with expectancy.

"Alone, maybe?" He suggested, causing the other two to leave with haste.

××××

You sat on the couch, smoothing imaginary wrinkles in your pants out in anxiousness.

"So Bella, um I wanted to ask you if you would like to go on a date with me maybe? I mean you obviously don't have to I jus-"

He was rambling. "Arch, of course I will."

You were looking forward to your date with Archie, but you were worried to see how Jughead would react.