Demon Ancestor? Bad! Their situation was incredibly dire! This woman with the ancient aura was the High Demon Ancestor who once ruled all of the Demon Kingdoms! Her powers were legendary throughout the realms and if only a tenth of what the ancient records and stories said was true, they were in deep trouble. They had to escape quickly before they were killed.

In desperation, Yan Zhi threw another dagger at her, but she dodged it just as effortlessly as before and came straight at them, using hands and feet, knees and elbows. Both Li Ying and Yan Zhi fought back, blocking, dodging, retreating, but even when they joined forces against the High Demon Goddess, they stood no chance. They soon found themselves flung to the ground, side by side, the Goddess' hands on their necks, now choking them both with considerable strength.

"Weak. You both don't practice close combat often, do you?" she scowled as they desperately gasped for air.

But then, surprisingly, she loosened her grip and let them catch their breath. "Ha! This was more entertaining than I thought." The Goddess smiled at them, her demeanor changed, her lovely features accentuated.

"Entertaining?" Yan Zhi glared at her as she pulled Li Ying off the ground.

"Yes, I am in much need of some sparring partners since those virgin doves won't come near me, most likely by that Bastard's order. I am incredibly bored." She shuddered and continued, "Since both of you seem accustomed to distant combat, I foresee much fun in teaching you and watching your progress."

Outraged, Yan Zhi had to question her motive. "You want us to train with you? You almost killed Li Ying!"

"Killed her? Why would I kill someone who wants to train with me? You quite rudely interrupted us," the High Goddess sneered.

What? Yan Zhi looked at Li Ying for confirmation.

"It's true," the Demon Princess said enthusiastically, "I wanted to train with the Demon High Goddess. She is one of the best! Imagine what she can teach us!"

Yan Zhi stared at her in disbelief. But Yan Zhi had come to know the Yellow Demon Princess and her eccentric personality a little since their stay here. She didn't lack intelligence, but unlike Yan Zhi, Li Ying didn't seem to be much aware of her surroundings. Naivete aside, she didn't seem to recognize danger and didn't have much of a self preservation instinct either, given the current situation she had placed herself in.

Yan Zhi felt the need to clarify. "But .... she was choking you."

"One does not improve if one's life is not on the line," came the cheerful answer.

Yan Zhi narrowed her eyes at her, still in doubt.

The Demon Princess pulled Yan Zhi closer. "Despite her demeanor, she is generous with her teaching," Li Ying whispered into Yan Zhi's ears. "I think she likes you! It's the opportunity of a lifetime to train with the Demon High Goddess, you better take this chance to improve your martial skills."

"Are you two done whispering?" The Demon Goddess asked impatiently, rubbing her forehead in frustration.

"We..."

"You two lack skills, especially since your powers are suppressed here. Mark my words: I have recently learned that without one's powers, one has to depend on one's pure fighting skills. You can acquire these skills through diligent practice under me. This is my generous offer to you - if you are not interested, I suggest you go hide again in your rooms and die of boredom."

Yan Zhi stared at the Goddess, then looked back at Li Ying who was now nodding her head with encouragement and pushing her forward. Yan Zhi couldn't refute what either of them had said. Yes, she lacked training, due to her isolation. If she had devoted herself to regaining her cultivation rather than secluding herself in the mortal realms, assassins would not have been able to overtake them. She only had herself to blame. She didn't know if it was because of Li Ying, the Demon Ancestor, or just her own restless self, but Yan Zhi found herself signed up for something she knew was more than she bargained for.