"We all know good and well you just want to get there to see the girls." Mackenzie chuckles.

"Whatever." Harper laughs.

They get their things, and go to the classroom. When they walk in, the teacher is writing his name on the board. "My name is Mr. Perkins. I will be conducting orientation today."

"This already sounds boring." Mackenzie groans.

"Say it again." Harper chuckles.

~

"So, did you get a girl's number?" Harper asks.

"No, I told you I wasn't going to," Y/N says.

"I didn't either, no one looked worthwhile in there," Mackenzie says.

"I don't know about you guys, but I'm going to meet my next teacher,"

~

The day goes off without any happening until Y/N's last period.

She's sitting in Pre-Calculus, stumped on what to do. She almost raises her hand to ask the teacher, but she forgot her name. So, Y/N puts her pencil down and nudges the girl next to her. "What's the teacher's name?"

"Raynor,"

"Thanks," Y/N says. "Mrs. Raynor."

"Yes?"

"Can you help me please?"

"Sure," She says, before there's a knock on the door. The teacher goes to open the door to reveal a fair skinned girl with black hair. "Hello," The teacher says, letting the girl in.

"Hello," The girl replies. "Am I in the right class?"

"Let me see your schedule,"

"Here," She says, fishing the schedule out of her bookbag and handing it to the teacher. "Please let it be right, please let it be right..." is what she repeats under her breath.

"Yes! You are in the right class."

"Yay,"

"Can I have your name?" Mrs. Raynor asks.

"Kamila. Kamila Hansen,"

"Thank you,"

"You're welcome," is what Kamila replies.

"How about this, sit right next to Y/N," Mrs. Raynor says.

The other seniors smirk, snicker, and cat call towards Kamila, who ignores them all.

"You should totally get her number," Someone says to Y/N.

"I don't want her number," Y/N says.

"Why not?"

"I just don't want it, and she's probably a freshman."

"Freshman equals fresh meat,"

This makes the whole class laugh, but Mrs. Raynor just chuckles. "If you guys cared about your work as much as women, you'd all be on the Dean's List." Everyone starts talking to try and state their points at this time. "I don't want to hear any of it."

"But Mrs. Raynor--"

"--I said I don't want to hear any of it! Not a lick." Mrs. Raynor laughs.

When class has gone back to normal, Kamila taps Y/N. "Hey, can you help me?"

"Sure, what problem,"

"21, solving equations is not my strong suit," Kamila says.

"I used to say the same thing, but you just have to work around it until you get the results you want," Y/N says.

"That makes sense," Kamila says.

"So here's what you do...," Y/N says, doing the problem.

She finished it right before the bell rings. "Wow, thanks. I think I can pick it up from here."

"If you need help, you can just ask the teacher. Or if worst comes down to worst, just come to the dormitory and call room 564," Y/N says.

"I'm actually happy I found someone to help me with my work. I was telling my sister that I probably would fail my math class." Kamila chuckles, as they walk out of the classroom.

"Who's your sister?" Y/N asks, curiously.

"Her name is Dinah, you may know her,"

"I feel like I know her, but I can't think of who she is right now,"

"Oh, well maybe you'll know who she is when you see her. She's waiting outside to pick me up today,"

"That's great,"

"There she is," Kamila says, making Dinah turn her way at the sound of her voice.

"Hey! There you are," Dinah says, coming towards her, before seeing Y/N. "Hello."

The woman she met a few seconds ago managed to take her breath away. "....Hi."

"This is Y/N," Kamila says.

"Hello, Y/N,"

"Hi," Y/N says again.

She has no idea who this woman is, but she feels very intrigued to find out.

--------------------------------------

A/N Hey guys. 👋🏽 so here's the first chapter. I hope you guys like it. Anyone who reads, comment a star ⭐️ and maybe even vote. 🤷🏽‍♀️

Thanks for reading. 😊💗