Ice Pick through the Heart| Part 1

WHAT?! DIANA POSTED SOMETHING?! IS IT CHRISTMAS?! Nope, its just your average Thursday. Thanks guys for all the comments and votes!! We are #22 in Folklore which is pretty cool beans!!! Anywho, so sorry that its taken me so long to update!! XOXOXO

Previous: Maybe this could work out after all. 

Jess breathed a sigh of blissfulness and looked up hopefully at Derek. 

"So, where do we go from here?"

Derek fidgeted a little and looked back towards the door. 

Jess could sense it as soon as she had said something, there was something bigger going on at the moment. She chuckled. It was almost humorous. The second she felt things were going her way, there was something pulling Derek somewhere else. 

"What's going on?" Jess asked. 

She hoped that now that she had accepted Derek as her mate he may be more open with her. 

His face turned stone cold and he was silent. 

Great.

Derek took a deep breath. This was it. He needed to be completely honest and open with his "new mate". Why was it so hard, though? He knew why. It was because she had been looking at him with admiration in her eyes and he didn't want that to change. Despite a small voice in the back of his mind saying, "don't do it", he decided to tell her the truth. 

"It's a long story," Derek muttered clenching his fists. 

He was going to have to deal with his pack and Scott, but all  he wanted to do was stay with his mate. 

Jess nodded her head sternly and looked him straight in the eye, "Make it short". 

Derek was slightly taken aback by the command in her voice. She wasn't going to take 'no' for an answer, even if she was saying 'no' to an Alpha. 

"Its Scott", Derek said sighing.

"Is it because he refused to join your pack?" Jess asks intuitively. 

Derek growled a bit and shook his head, "He's just a stupid kid. He doesn't exactly agree with the pack that I've created". 

"You haven't made yourself the most likable person in Beacon Hills" 

Derek's chest rumbled as he snapped his head in Jess' direction, "Yet you just claimed me as your mate". 

Jess got quiet before she said, "If you're trying to be a better Alpha...A better man...Then don't kill Scott. Please." 

  Derek was speechless. He didn't know how Jess had figured out he was planning on eliminating Scott. It would make life so much easier. He could grow his pack in peace and not worry about anything. 

"Stay", Derek said sternly. 

Jess watched as Derek got up and walked to the door. It felt humiliating? Degrading? It felt a lot like my owner just put me in a kennel for the night. 

Derek took one last long good look at Jess before closing the door behind him. 

Jess looked at the door and cocked her head. She wondered if he had really trusted her enough to leave the door unlocked. Was it a trick? She listened intensely as Derek made his way out of the warehouse. Maybe this was a test...a trust test. 

Jess knew one thing for certain, she didn't trust him as far as she could throw him when it came to people he didn't like and Scott was one of them.  

She quickly got up and tried the door. The knob turned without any resistance and the door lazily swung open. 

Derek had made a mistake, for sure. 

Jess strained her ears and she could hear the thunking of chains on a metal floor. The scent of blood was strong

"You know, I don't think I've ever been into a cat fight before...You think Derek thought it was kinky?", Erica practically sang through the old train cab walls. 

All of the emotions the Jess was having just hearing Erica were pushed down deep. Jess didn't want to admit it but she needed Erica...At least for the moment. After that, maybe Jess could finish what she had started earlier. 

Jess walked up and into the train cab to see a bloodied Erica sitting on the floor. She had healed pretty well since the fight had happened, but she still had blood all over her. 

"Where did Derek go? What is he planning?" Jess yelled at Erica. 

Erica leaned her head back on the train cab wall and looked up at Jess, lazily. 

"If he didn't tell you, he probably didn't want you to know..."

Jess opened her mouth to speak but Erica stood up. 

"but I would be glad to give you that information, IF you unchain my pretty little paws and escort you there"

Erica held up her hands and jiggled the chains in Jess' face.

Jess hated her. She hated her with all she had in her. She still couldn't see why Derek would change someone like her. 

"Why would you disobey your Alpha?" Jess asked reluctantly. 

Erica smirked and leaned forward towards Jess, "Derek likes bad girls". 

Jess swallowed her anger and took a step towards Erica. Her stench filled Jess' nose and all she wanted to do was rip her blonde hair out of her head but instead Jess looked down at the lock on Erica's chains. 

"Where are the keys?"