Everyone Hates Kate| Part 2

Previous: "Maybe you're right", Scott said softly then looked over at Jess, "but if you want her to be safe, you'd help me bury Peter in the ground".

Derek growled and nodded at Scott, "I'll help you". 

Derek looked back at Jess to see that she had somewhat cowered against the basement wall. He was confused. What had brought on her sudden mood change? He walked up to her and grabbed her hand gently. She didn't meet his eyes and looked at his hand in hers. 

"We need to go", Derek said. 

Jess nodded keeping her head down and allowed Derek to follow Scott up the basement stairs and out of the Hale house. They made it deep into the woods before Derek stopped them. It was eerily quiet and Jess had a bad feeling growing in the pit of her stomach. 

"Hold on. Hold on. Something doesn't feel right", Derek stated looking around the wooded area. 

"What do you mean?" Jess asked slipping her hand out of Derek's. 

He flinched as her hand slipped out of his but he continued with his thought.

 "I don't know. It's-it's kind of like it's-"

Scott's eyes widened as he shook his head, "No, don't say too easy. People say too easy and bad things happen. None of this has been easy". 

Derek clenched his fists and nodded, "Fine. You're right". 

There was a brief moment of silence before Jess's head whipped around to the sound of an arrow flying through the air. Jess watched as an arrow buried itself into Derek's shoulder. 

Jess gasped and watched as he tumbled to the ground. Another arrow was shot right after and hit Jess in the leg. She screamed out in pain and dropped down to all fours. 

Derek yelled out to Scott as another arrow went shooting through the group. 

"Scott your eyes!"

Jess watched as a light exploded from the arrow and sent a searing pain through her body and made her temporarily blind. She heard scurrying beside her and someone yanked the arrow out of her leg. She screamed in pain but was cut short by someone jerking her to her feet. Her vision started to come back blurry and she could make out Derek pulling her and Scott along towards the Hale house. 

About 50 yards away from the Hale house they all tumbled back to the ground. 

"Scott, Jess, run!" Derek yelled at them. 

He laid on the ground in pain as he watched Jess get up on her knees to try to move. She clutched her leg and skidded along the ground towards the house. Scott was in front of her and was almost to the house when Allison came into view. 

"Allison, I can explain", Scott pleaded propping himself up on his hands. 

Jess laid on the ground confused at the scene that was unfolding in front of her. She thought this Allison girl was the love of his life. 

"Stop lying. For once stop lying." Allison said pointing her crossbow at Scott. 

"I was gonna tell you the truth at the formal. I was gonna tell you everything. Because everything that I said, everything I did-"

"Was to protect me", Allison finished. 

"Yes", Scott said. 

Jess believed it. She didn't really know what was going on but she could hear Scott's unfaltering heartbeat. 

"I don't believe you", Allison said. 

"Thank God", a young woman walked out of the woods and smiled, "Now, shoot him before I have to shoot myself". 

Allison's face washed over with confusion. 

"You-you said we were just gonna catch them"

"We did that", Kate said, "Now we're gonna kill them". 

She took out a gun and fired two shots straight at Derek. 

Jess screamed as she saw the bullets hit him and watched him go limp. She could feel anger boiling in her and turned to Kate, letting her canines extend and a loud menacing growl emit from her chest. 

Kate cocked her head to the side and shot a bullet straight into her chest. 

Jess flew back from the force and laid on the ground as she felt blood drip out of her mouth. How many near-death experiences can one person have before their luck runs out? 

"See? Not that hard," Kate said looking back at Allison, "Oh, no - I know that look. That's the "You're gonna have to do it yourself" look". 

Jess watched from the ground and Kate raised her gun at Scott.

"Kate, Kate what are you doing?" 

"I love those brown eyes", Kate said to Scott. 

Jess watched as another man walked up from the woods. She could feel her chest wound starting to close and she panicked. She didn't want this bullet trapped in her. She closed her eyes and pressed her fingers down into her wound and pulled out the bullet. 

"Kate! I know what you did. Put the gun down", The man said.

Jess instantly recognized him. Chris Argent. He was the one who had confronted Derek at the gas station.  

"I did what I was told", Kate said still pointing the gun at Scott. 

"No one asked you to murder innocent people. There were children in that house, ones who were human. Look what you're doing now. You're holding a gun at a 16 year old boy with no proof he spilled human blood. We go by the code- Nous chassons ceux qui nous chassent", Chris said. 

Jess could barely hear Allison whisper, "We hunt those who hunt us". 

"Put the gun down", Chris said to Kate, "before I put you down". 

Chris fired a warning shot that hit the tree behind Kate. This seemed to get her attention and she lowered her gun that had been aimed at Scott. Jess could hear Allison take a sigh of relief. 

In an instant all of their attention turned to the door of the Hale house. It opened slowly and Jess could hear a growl from inside. Chills went down her spine as she thought about the last time she had heard that growl. It had been in the Cafe when Peter had almost killed her. 

"What is it?" Allison asked backing away from the house. 

Scott's eyes glowed, "Its the Alpha".