The Hale House| Part 2

Author's Note: Hey guys and gals, thanks for showing your support. I really appreciate it! Also, I'm going to try to start making the chapters longer...I hate how short I'm making them...I feel like I don't accomplish things and I feel like y'all like it better when there is a long chapter. Any who, I'm really trying to keep the story line in line with the TV show but it is really hard! I promise that Scott and Stiles will come back into it and all that jazz, but for right now Jess needs to be added into the story and developed so my bad... Tootles XO

Previous: He looked deep into her blue sad-looking eyes and took a deep breath before continuing.

"What do you know about Werewolves?" 

Jess wracked her brain. 

She knew a lot actually. She had just gone over the Werewolf/Lycan chapter in her Mythology and Folklore textbook. Jess scoffed. She didn't think it was possible for actual werewolves to exist but she couldn't get Peter's red glowing eyes out of her mind. He had clawed her almost to death and it had certainly not been a dream. She knew that was for sure. Jess could feel the pain radiating from her stomach.  Maybe they were real. 

"W-Werewolves?" She stuttered. 

Derek squeezed her hand lightly from the side of the bed and closed his eyes for a second. When he opened them, they were glowing blue. 

Jess jumped and slid her hand out from his. She pushed up from the bed she was laying in and immediately regretted it. A wave of the most intense pain she had ever felt washed over her. She gasped in pain and Derek's hands were on her in a split second. He laid her back down with a pained expression. 

"Its okay", he said, his voice cracking. 

Derek's hand cupped her face and his heart lurched when Jess's blue eyes met his. He hated that she was in pain and he hated that she was going to be in more pain soon. She looked petrified laying down in his own own bed. She was scared of him and he hated that too. 

"I am one and my uncle is one. My whole family, they all were too", Derek started watching her intently. 

Jess gripped the sheets on the bed as she heard the words slip out of Derek's mouth. In her mind she knew it was true. It felt like a dream but the glowing eyes, the sharp claws, the extended canines...If this was her mythology and folklore exam she would definitely say all signs pointed to Werewolf. Her eyes scanned Derek's anxious looking face. She was a little confused by his worried look. It seemed as though Derek really cared about her and she had no clue why. 

The fact that Werewolves existed scared Jess but for some reason she wasn't terrified of Derek. He seemed so protective over her and he did save her from his own uncle. She paused in thought. His uncle. 

"Where's Peter?" she asked in a panic, looking around. 

Derek clenched his jaw and didn't meet her eyes. 

"Gone"

For some reason his answer didn't give Jess relief. His voice wavered when he answered and it made Jess think that Peter would be back. She shuttered. She sure hoped he wouldn't be back. She would be haunted by his red eyes forever. 

She watched as Derek focused his attention on the burnt wall. She wanted to ask the burning questions that kept circulating in her head...Why did he care about her so much? How had he known she was in trouble? Why was he so protective of her? but she knew there would be other times to ask those questions. Jess could see now wasn't the time, so she asked the one question she knew she really needed to know. 

"Will you hurt me?", she asked. 

As soon as the words came out of her mouth she knew what the answer was. Jess just wanted to hear him confirm it out loud. Derek jerked his face to look at her and stared her down with his piercing green eyes. She could hear a rumble from his chest and he leaned closer to her face until they were almost touching. 

Jess's breath caught in her throat and she swallowed hard as sparks flowed under her skin. 

"Never"

He said it with such certainty and definitely that Jess knew it was the truth. She almost wished he would lean forward and close the gap but as soon as she cursed herself for thinking it, Derek backed away. It was freaky how he seemed to always know what she was feeling or thinking. 

"There is something I need to tell you", Derek said darkly, watching her expressions intently. 

Jess felt her nervousness gnawing away at the pit of her stomach. She had never seen Derek so serious and he was a pretty serious person. Jess nodded slightly, urging him to go on. 

"When Peter attacked you...His claws went deep Jess..."

Jess looked over Derek's face trying to decipher what he was saying. She thought hard back to her studies. What was the deal about claws? She remembered her professor saying something. 

"If you're bitten, you can turn into what I am", Derek said trying to explain another way. 

Jess remembered her professor's lecture. He has told the students that a bite was the easiest way to contract the "disease"...but there was another way someone could become a werewolf. It was on the edges of her mind and Jess couldn't quite remember what he had said.  

"Jess, you can also turn if the claws go deep enough", Derek almost whispered.

"What are you saying Derek?", Jess asked feeling extremely light headed.

She couldn't comprehend what Derek was saying to her. Flashbacks of Peters claws ripping her open resurfaced in her brain and she wondered how she had even lived through it. 

Before it truly hit her, Derek uttered the words. 

"Jess, you're a werewolf".