A Mate and a Full Moon| Part 3

Previous: Derek appeared out of the woods and bared his teeth at Isaac.

"Get away from her now". 

Derek felt his skin crawl as he watched Jess sob on the ground behind Isaac. If he didn't need Isaac for his pack he would have ripped him to shreds and killed him very painfully and slowly for laying a hand on Jess. Unfortunately Derek had to realize that it was the full moon having this effect on both Jess and Isaac. He knew this was going to be a problem and that Jess would eventually need him for the full moon. 

He could smell the intoxicating scent coming from Jess because of the proximity of the full moon. She was in heat and every male in a five mile radius was going to be going wild and because she was a Luna, even more so. It made Derek furious to think about anyone coming close to Jess or wanting to mate with her at all. He felt extremely possessive of her...even if she seemed like she didn't want him. 

That is why when Isaac crouched in front of Jess in a possessive way, Derek quite frankly lost his sh*t. 

Derek rushed forward and grabbed Isaac by the neck and tossed him aside like he was a rag doll. He momentarily paused and turned to Jess to utter a quick "stay". She nodded and watched as Derek went over to where Isaac laid. She would've stayed right where she was even if he hadn't commanded her to do so.

"If you ever touch her again", Derek said staring down at him, using his alpha tone, "I will kill you". 

Isaac seemed to be snapped out of his full moon trance and nodded his head at Derek. He scrambled to his feet and Derek looked at him in disgust. 

"Go away", Derek ordered. 

Isaac took no time in disappearing from the forest and Jess was glad. She wouldn't mind if she never had to see him again but she knew that wasn't realistic. 

Derek clenched his fists as he looked back over at Jess. He took a minute to close his eyes and control himself. Jess had a wild look about her with her dishevieled hair and dress. Although dirt covered her legs and arms and her face was puffy and red from sobbing, she looked utterly irresistible to Derek. He knew it was her heat talking to him. 

He took a few steps back from her and she seemed to be relieved by that action. 

"Come on", he muttered jerking his head towards the warehouse that couldn't be seen from the woods. 

Jess didn't say a word but got up from the ground brushing off the dirt from her legs and hands and then wrapping her arms around herself. 

"Why does it hurt to be near people?" she asked softly, stiffening up as she took a step towards him. 

He sighed and took a step away from her desperately trying not to fantasize about her at the moment. 

"You're in heat. It'll hurt until you mate.", Derek said shifting where he stood. 

He was slightly agitated. He was the one for her. If any two people needed to mate it would be Derek and Jess. They were mates...Alpha and Luna mates for God's sake and they had shared one kiss in which Jess had rejected him. It all sucked. 

"Every male in a five mile radius has a whiff of you so we need to go. There are hornier men out there than Isaac." Derek said harshly. 

He turned and started trudging through the woods. He felt a pull behind him as Jess followed him. They walked for about twenty minutes in deep silence as Jess tried to subdue her pain and Derek tried to subdue his eroticism.