Humiliation

☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎

☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎

" okay, do i have everything? " syreeta mumble, rechecking all her baby items.

the infant watch her mother with a gummy smile displayed on her face.

" who are you smiling at hm? is it mama? do i have something on my face? "
she playfully panicked causing dallia to laugh.

" can you be a good girl while mama go get ready for uni? " syreeta kisses her forehead.

" ah-ah " the baby responded moving her small legs.

" that's my good dal dal " she rush upstairs to do her routine.

syreeta myles is a single mother. having a child was something unexpected-wasn't planned. you see, syreeta was raped at gun point when she was 19.

what hurt the most was, her virginity was taken from her. something she was saving for her future lover.

syreeta tried hiding the pregnancy from her parents, but they soon found out and kicked her out.

they told her...

" you either throw that disgusting thing away or you're disowned by this family "

syreeta stood her ground and kept the baby. it was a hard journey. there were times when she wished she wasn't born. she even tried committing suicide.

she had nobody to help her.

no family.

no friends.

she was living in a motel-attending college while her bump was visible, and working two different jobs to make sure that her child will at least have a normal and happy life.

she now lives in a small apartment with her daughter, dallia. who syreeta loves more than anything.

once syreeta was done getting ready, she grab her belongings and walk in the living room to see dallia watching cartoons.

" alright bun bun. let's go " she put her backpack on one shoulder and the baby's bag on the other.

syreeta softly press a kiss on her daughter nose and grab the car seat before heading out.

she walk to the bus station, receiving stares from everyone as usual.

same old remarks...

' isn't she too young to have a baby? '

' is she bringing the baby to school with her? '

' poor girl '

' where's the father? '

syreeta felt the need to break, but she kept it together and got on the bus.

~

{at uni}