Episode 24: Fireflies

May look up at the sky and sigh. It has been a week since the others figure out her identity and ever since then, she has been avoiding them at all costs. It was way more difficult to avoid Prince Drew, knowing that he usually comes to the greenhouse every day at exactly three o'clock in the afternoon.

"Ugg! What should I do! I am so confused! Someone help me!" May exclaimed at no one in particular. All the Pokemons look at her. May is currently feeding the Pokemons their dinner.

"Roselia? (May, are you alright?)" Roselia asked.

"I am alright. Just having a headache though," May replied.

"Blaze? Blaziken! (Is it that prince? If it is, I will not hesitate to kick him to the other side of the moon!)" Blazekin added.

"No, I am just afraid to face the others. They might not look at me the same way after," May said.

"Roselia. Rose (Prince Drew better do something. He is so slow in this! If he didn't do it, he will meet my thorns)," Roselia scowled.

"I am just a maid, a servant. He can't be with me. Besides, he has Lady Brianna. She is a noble and I am in a lower class," May sighed.

"Absol? (Aren't you born to be a noble?)" Absol asked.

"Yea but..." May started.

"Beau. Beautifly. (No buts May. You deserve it. You are a noble at birth and that is what you are. Stop thinking negatively.)" Beautifully said softly.

"I don't know! To them maybe I am just a liar and fake!" May exclaimed.

"Who is a fake?" someone asked from behind May. May quickly turn around and find Prince Drew walking toward her with a thornless red rose in his hand.

Prince Drew is wearing his usual prince attire and his hair is combed neatly. Prince Drew sat down beside May.

"So, you didn't answer my question yet," Prince Drew said.

"What? I am just being normal? What are you doing here anyway?" May asked, avoiding the question.

"I can't visit my own Pokemons now?" Prince Drew asked jokingly.

"No. Not that," May said as she looked away.

"You know, you should keep smiling. You look prettier when you smile," Prince Drew said. May look at him before looking away with red blushing cheeks.

"Yea. It only makes me feel more guilty," May muttered.

"We understand you know. I understand why you do this like pretending to be someone else. It was brave of you to do that," Prince Drew commented with a smile.

"So, is there something you want to say? You seem to not be doing anything here," May asked.

"Looking for you," Prince Drew replied boldly.

"Me? Why?" May asked in surprise.

"You are hiding yourself these days. Everyone was worried. Everyone wants to talk to you but you always avoid them. Since I got to see you every day, I thought I can talk to you and figure out what happened," Prince Drew explained.

May looked away, guilty. She didn't know that what she did is causing others to worry. She can't face the others.

"Tell them that I am fine. I just need time," May said.

"If you are worrying about Lady Brianna, she is marrying Lord Brendan in a few days," Prince Drew replied. "Lord Brandon proposed Lady Brianna during the ball and Lady Brianna said yes. Saying that he is her 'true love'."

"Why are you telling me this?" May asked.

"So that you can feel safe. No one is going to look after you. You will be safe and you don't have to hide anymore," Prince Drew stated.

"Why do I feel like there is something else besides this?" May commented.

"It is just the way you think. Lady Brianna is getting married and their wedding is in a week. Lady Trancy wasn't happy about their marriage but accepted it after many arguments with Lady Brianna. Lady Brianna invited the whole castle and said that if we find you, you should come," Prince Drew informed her.

"Oh really? If she did ask me, then I will go," May said.

"You are so kind. If it was anyone else, they would totally not go to the wedding," Prince Drew commented.

"I get used to it. She is not that bad once you know him. He is just annoying at first," May added.

"That is nice to know," Prince Drew said.

May and Prince Drew sit there for a while in silence, enjoying each other's company. The sun is setting and leaving a beautiful rose pink color. May and Prince Drew walk out together and walk to the castle. Prince Drew threw May the rose he had in his hand.

"This is for you as thanks for turning back to normal. I was wondering if you would like to come with me to the gardens after dinner," Prince Drew asked.

May grabs the rose and looks at Prince Drew. "Of course," she replies.

Prince Drew nods before walking in the opposite direction from May. May look after him before she walks to her room and prepares for dinner.

Dinner was more noisy than usual and May was scowled by everyone for making them worry. The girls get excited when May tells them that Prince Drew asks her to go to the gardens with him after dinner. After dinner, Dawn helps May get dressed in a cute light blue sundress with a red rose and the waist and Misty helps May with her hair and finishes it with the rose Prince Drew gives her sticking behind her ear. Leaf helps May put on a little makeup.

"There you go. A princess. Prince Drew will surely be head over heels on you!" Dawn exclaimed.

"Now get going and don't make him wait," Leaf added.

"Don't forget to tell us the details!" Misty called.

May smiled and walked to the garden. Prince Drew was standing there in a casual suit and was turning his back at her.

"Hey," May called.

Prince Drew turned and smiled when he saw May. "Hi, May. You clean nicely," Prince Drew said.

"You clean up nicely too," May replied. "What do you want to talk about?"

"You know, we only meet for a short time," Prince Drew started. May look at Prince Drew to signal that she is listening. "May, I don't know how you feel but whenever I am around you, I feel like I am normal and I can be myself without worrying about the rules or manners. You make me feel like I can just be me. Ever since the day we met, I have known that we are meant to be together."

May look at Prince Drew with curious eyes.

"Is he doing what I think he is doing?" May thought.

Prince Dew drop into one of his knees and kneel, holding out a beautiful diamond and ruby ring. "May Maple, I have fallen for both of your sides, as Mia and Maybelle. I can't live without you by my side. I promise to take care of you and keep you happy and love you with my whole heart. You are my other half. Would you marry me?" Prince Drew asked with hopeful eyes, trying not to think about if May rejected him.

"I have come to love you. Not because you are a prince but because of who you are. You are unique and always make me smile, even if I was crying. I don't need anything from you. I just need you. Of course, I would marry you," May said.

Prince Drew smiles and puts the ring on her ring finger. Fireflies begin flying around and the two look at each other in the eyes.

"I love you, Maybelle Maple," Prince Drew whispers.

"And I love you, Andrew Hayden," May replies before they stole each other's first kiss with fireflies flying around them like stars.

"This is such a happy ending. I am crying!" Harley cried as he sniffs in his tissue.

"They are having their happily ever after," Soledad said with a smile.

Harley and Soledad continue to look at the couple from their hiding place in their fairy form sitting on a rose.