Episode 7: The Great Escape

May and Dawn wait until the end of the day. Dawn has packed two black cloaks that can hide their head and two black masks for them that will cover half of their face and only their eyes are available. She also packed two small bags of clothes for them and other things they may need. May has been usual, being with Brendan half of the morning while Lady Trancy and Brianna were getting ready for the wedding. Dawn was there helping to pick out dresses. No one would think that they are going to escape that night.

Dawn went to May's room that night through the window because Lady Trancy has locked May since the day of the engagement with Brendan. She was wearing a purple and pink blouse and black jeans with a pair of black and pink sneakers. Her hair was in a high ponytail. May was waiting for her, wearing a dark red blouse with dark green on the hems and a pair of black jeans with dark red sneakers. Her hair was also put into a high ponytail. They put on their cloak and their mask. Dawn put them under their cloaks and set a rope down from May's window. Dawn then slides down the rope and lands on the ground softly. May quickly grab her pokeballs before following Dawn. As soon as May lands on the ground, Dawn gets the rope and they both silently run from across the garden. The pokemon look at them before following them to see what they are up to. They help May and Dawn get over the gate and wave at them goodbye as the two girls walk into the darkness.

The streets are quiet and there is no one there, except for themselves. The two girls quickly walk down the streets with their cloaks flying behind them like two beautiflys. Dawn leads May down the road where the rich families live to the end of the road, where there stands a castle gate. There stand two guards that are guarding the gate.

"What are we going to do?" May whispered as they hid in the bushes.

"Watch me," Dawn said as she walks over to them like a sick girl.

"What is the matter?" One guard asked as they saw Dawn.

"I am tired. I am running away from an enemy. He is after me. I am tired. I can't run anymore," Dawn acted as she pretends to look tired.

"We can help you," the second guard said as both guards walk toward Dawn. When the guards were near enough, Dawn spilled the sleeping powder over their faces, and the two guards fell. Dawn drags them into place to make it seem as if they were sleeping sitting up.

"What now?" May asked.

"We will climb over it," Dawn replied as she swiftly climbs up the gate using the rods as her support. May look at her before climbing after Dawn. They both land inside the castle gate safely.

Dawn sighs. "I am glad that there are not a lot of guards tonight. Usually, I always get caught," Dawn said. May nodded and Dawn walked down to the back door of the castle. May follow closely behind her. Dawn knocks on the door in Morse Code of her name and the door opens, revealing an orange-haired girl with sea-blue eyes. Her hair is tied into a side ponytail. She is wearing an orange top and blue shorts with orange and red sneakers. She looked at the girls and narrowed her eyes.

"Who are you?" she asked suspiciously.

"Misty, it is me, Dawn. I brought someone here. Can we talk inside?" Dawn replied.

"Oh. Okay," Misty replied as she opened the door and let Dawn and May in. She sticks her head out and makes sure no one is around and closes the door and locks it.

Dawn sits down in a chair and takes off her mask and hood as May is standing behind her.

"Dawn, it was a surprise. What brings you here?" a girl with long brown hair and brown eyes asked. She is wearing a maid uniform with a silver pin.

"I am here for something, Leaf," Dawn replied.

"Probably for Paul," the guy with spiky black hair and dark ruby eyes teased.

"If you are looking for him, he is with Drew," the other guy with spiky auburn hair and grey eyes said.

"I am not here for Paul, Ash, and thanks, Gary. I am here for another reason," Dawn replied.

"Dawn? What brings you here? And who is she?" A guy with purple hair asked as he walked into the room.

"Paul. I am fine. Thank you. I am here for a reason. You all heard that Brendan Birch is marrying May, right? Well, May and I ran away tonight and we hope to stay here. Can you help to hide us?" Dawn asked.

"You are our friend, Dawn. We will do anything for you," Leaf said.

"Thank you all, guys. May, you can take off the hood and the mask," Dawn said. May shyly take her hood and mask off and take a deep breath.

"I can understand how Brendan wants to marry her. She is quite pretty," Gary commented as he checks May out and Leaf punches him on the arm.

"Why don't you marry Brendan. He is a billionaire and any girl would want to marry him," Ash asked May.

"I don't want to. I don't want to marry him because I don't want to marry for force or for money," May replied.

"Well, you are part of the family now. Don't worry. Now, what should we do?" Misty said as she put a hand on May's. May smile in return.

"I have an idea. I am not sure if it will work though. Since we run away, we can't be seen. So I suggest that we work here and say that we are runaways from another kingdom. We will change our names too and our appearance. We also have to work in an area where we will not be seen," May suggested.

"Holy, no wonder Brendan likes you. You are smart. Now, what shall we do?" Gary commented as the group got around and worked out a plan.

...

Song(s):

The Great Escape