Episode 9: Meeting and Rival

"Prince Drew, it had been a long time. I notice that everything is still alright. How are you?" Lord Kenny said as he bows.

"I am good, Lord Kenny. Thank you for asking. How are you?" Prince Drew asked.

"I am fine, thank you. I heard about you and Lady Brianna. How is it going?" Lord Kenny asked as he took a seat on the opposite side, facing Prince Drew while drinking tea.

"I don't know what you are talking about, Lord Kenny," Prince Drew replied.

"Oh, don't play dumb on me. You know what I am talking about. I am a friend of Lady Brianna myself. Of course, she told me all about how you and she are going to get married one day. I am just here checking," Lord Kenny said.

"I, for one, didn't talk with Lady Brianna about any wedding at all except about Lord Brendan's and her maid, May's, wedding," Prince Drew replied.

"Ah... yes. Lord Brendan. I did drive over to the family this morning and it seems that I have a little problem. I think you may be interested in this," Lord Kenny said.

"What is it?" Prince Drew asked.

"I heard that Brendan's fiancee, May, and the younger daughter, Dawn, are missing. It seems as if they ran out of the house early in the morning. The wedding was delayed until May was found. Of course, Dawn is also missing. Lady Trancy promises to me that I can take Dawn's hand if I find her," Lord Kenny said. Paul froze behind Drew. Ash put his hand on Paul's and shook his head.

"That is interesting. Everything happens so quickly," Drew said in thought. "Do you want to take a tour around the castle? It had been a while and everything was altered a bit," Prince Drew asked.

"Why thank you. It had been a long time. I would love to have a tour around," Lord Kenny replied as he followed Drew standing up.

"Please follow me," Prince Drew said as he walked out with his two servants and Lord Kenny beside him.

Prince Drew and Lord Kenny were talking along the way with the butler, Ash, and Paul following close behind. Everything runs smoothly until they stop in front of the fashion department of the castle.

"This is my new department. I had just hired someone this morning to help me design and make outfits. She had been here since last night. I have to say, she is good," Prince Drew complimented as Ash opens the door for them to go in.

Dawn was sitting in front of a loom, making cloth for Prince Drew's afternoon outfit. She was focusing on the loom that she didn't notice someone come in. She continues working. One strand of hair fell into her face and she didn't notice. Paul was staring at her dreamily. Dawn was adorable when she is concentrating on something such as the time Paul gets hurt because of a mission. Lord Kenny was staring at the blue-headed girl with interest. She looks a lot like Dawn and is very pretty. Her blue hair and blue eyes were full of light. The girl's hand was working on the loom hard while looking at her design.

"This is my new servant, Diana. She is very good at fashion so I decided to ask her to design my outfits since my old designer was too much," Prince Drew introduced and broke the silence. Dawn, who didn't know that there were people in the room, quickly stood up and bowed.

"Your Highness! I didn't see you there! How are you? Do you like your outfit so far?" Diana or Dawn asked as she made a quick bow.

"Good afternoon, Diana. This is Lord Kenny. I have to admit but this outfit was perfect for me," Prince Drew said as he introduced Lord Kenny to her.

"It is my pleasure to meet such a beauty," Lord Kenny said as he bows and kissed the back of Dawn's left hand, which makes Paul boil.

"Nice to meet you too, Lord Kenny," Dawn replied as she too bows and wipes the back of her hand on the back of her outfit without noticing.

"Your beauty does suit the clothes you are making," Lord Kenny said. Paul glared at him hard for flirting with his girlfriend. Dawn seems to notice.

"I think you flattered me, Lord Kenny. Though, I do prefer something a little bit cold for my liking," Dawn replies with a smile, referring to Paul.

"Who would be cold toward such a beauty?" Lord Kenny asked.

"I do think that it will be my partner, Lord Kenny. He may be cold but he is bittersweet," Dawn answers with a smile, causing Paul to give a light blush before he quickly turns back to normal.

"That is nice. So Prince Drew, is there any more surprises you want to show me?" Lord Kenny said.

"Why, I do believe that there is nothing more, Lord Kenny," Prince Drew said.

"May I have a word with your bodyguard, Your Highness?" Lord Kenny asked.

"Yes, you may," Prince Drew responds. Paul looks at Prince Drew and he gives him a nod. Paul sighs and follows Lord Kenny.

"I am quite surprised that you are still with Dawn after telling Lady Trancy about the two of you. Don't think I am going to let her go that fast because the answer is a no. I will be the one to find her and her mate, you understand, Paul?" Lord Kenny said as soon as they are out of earshot.

"Lord Kenny, I am not giving up on her either. If you want her, you have to deal with me first. I am not going to let you have her. Not under my watch," Paul replied coldly.

"Be careful who you are talking to, Bodyguard," Lord Kenny finished before Prince Drew and the others walked out with Dawn left behind still working on the outfit.

"I will be going now. I will see you in a few days," Lord Kenny said as he bowed and signaled his butler to follow him.

"Ash, escort Lord Kenny out," Prince Drew ordered.

"No need. Have a nice day, Your Highness," Lord Kenny said as he walks off with his butler.

"That was weird," Ash said to the others as he looked at Lord Kenny's figure. Paul just glares at him.

"He will one day learn that he can't always get what he wants and it goes to Lord Brandon too," Prince Drew said as they walk down the hallway.