Episode 4: Midnight

Prince Drew asked May for his first dance and May accepted it. They walk towards the center of the dance floor where the musicians have begun playing a smoothing slow song. Prince Drew and May bowed at each other before they started dancing. Dawn was looking at them in awe while holding Paul's hand. Misty was smiling at them while Ash was looking at the food table.

"Aren't they cute together? It is like they are made for each other!" Dawn gushed.

"I know right! His Highness never showed that much interest toward any other girls before!" Misty exclaimed.

At the same time, a man with brown hair in a black suit was also looking at May. He is standing at the food table, looking. May caught him looking at her before looking back at Prince Drew.

"Your Highness, I know that it is very rude of me but who is that man? The man with brown hair?" May asked softly.

"That is Brendan Birch. He is a billionaire, owning his family's company and business," Prince Drew replied. May just nods. She has a funny feeling that something is going to happen.

"May I ask you a question, have I met you before somewhere? You look awfully familiar like I have met you before," Prince Drew asked.

May remember meeting Prince Drew a few days ago in the garden where she was singing. She hasn't told Prince Drew her name.

"I believe not, Your Highness. I believe that you have mixed me up with some other girls," May lied. She knows if she tells him her name, her stepmother and stepsister will get angry.

Prince Drew nods as they continue dancing until the end of the song. They bow toward each other before going to separate ways and couples now get into the dance floor. May was walking toward the food table before someone had grabbed her hand and turned her around. It was Brendan, who has been watching her every moment.

"May I have a dance, My Lady?" Brendan asked as he bows and holds out his hand. May look at it for a moment before taking his hand.

Brendan takes May to the dance floor where they dance to the music. Brendan didn't notice Prince Drew was glaring daggers at him as if looks can kill.

"Someone is in love," Misty teased.

"No, I am not. I am just thinking that she looks familiar, that's all," Prince Drew replied as he flaps his bangs.

"You mean the girl you were daydreaming about a few days ago. Now you point that out, she does look like your description. Brown hair and sapphire eyes," Ash said with his mouth full of food. Misty hit him on the head with her mallet.

"Don't talk with your mouth full, Ash!" Misty scowled.

"Sorry, Mist," Ash apologized.

"Ugg... that Brendan is so annoying," Prince Drew growled.

"Oh! He steals a kiss on the back of her hand! You have to steal one kiss from her lips!" Gary, Prince Drew's loyal adviser, teased him as he gave him a little push.

"Gary! Drew is not ready yet! He is not like you!" Leaf, Gary's wife, and the head maid exclaimed and hit Gary on the head with her hand as Gary chuckled.

"She is alone," Paul said suddenly causing everyone to jump as he pointed at May, who is now standing by an open window, looking outside, with the evening wind dance with her hair.

"Talk to her and be a prince, Drew! She is alone now! It is your chance!" Gary exclaimed.

"We will cheer you on from here!" Ash cried as Prince Drew walked toward May's direction.

"So, are you enjoying your night?" Prince Drew asked May, causing her to jump up slightly in surprise.

"Your Highness, I am enjoying tonight, thanks for asking," May replied as she bows.

"May I ask for your name?" Prince Drew asked.

"I am Maybelle, Your Highness," May lied. Maybelle is her birth name but her parents decide to call her just May.

"It was a beautiful name," Prince Drew said.

"Thank you, Your Highness," May said.

"Drew," he replied.

"Hm?"

"Call me Drew. I don't like formality," Prince Drew said.

"But that is rude to call a prince, Your... I mean Drew," May replied but quickly changed the formality as she got a look from the Prince's face.

Prince Drew's heart was pounding. His name coming from May's mouth was sweeter than honey and magical like music. May gently blushes as Prince Drew was staring at her for more than a few minutes.

"Drew?" May asked as she took a step back but lost her balance. She begins falling backward. Drew quickly graded her tiny waist.

May didn't feel any pain. She opens her eyes and meets with Drew's emerald ones. They stay in that position for a few minutes until they notice where they are. Drew quickly helped May up and turn away, rubbing his neck weirdly while May was blushing.

"I am sorry," they both said at the same time before looking at each other and blushed.

"I..." Drew started.

Ding! Ding! Ding!

The midnight clock bell strikes. May look at the clock and gasp. She turns and runs away.

"Where are you going?" Drew asked as he grabbed a hold of May's hands.

"I have to go!" May exclaimed.

"Why so early?" Drew asked.

"I am so sorry! Good night!" May exclaimed as she pulled her hand away and quickly ran out the door and got into the carriage. The carriage immediately starts moving.

Back in the ball, Prince Drew was staring at the door as his servants walked toward him and they stood in silence for a while.

"That was quick," Ash said, breaking the silence, as the others glared at him. Drew was looking at the bracelet that has come off of May's tiny hands.

"Don't worry, you will find her," Leaf commented as Drew put the bracelet into his packet. Just then, Brianna runs toward him.

"Prince Drew! There you are!" Brianna exclaimed.

May get home and everything turns back to normal. She quickly walks to her room and sits down. Thinking about the ball. Then, she gets to bed and falls asleep before her stepmother and stepsister get home.