Itsumo Aishiteru

English Title: I Will Always Love You

August 30, 2017:

I stare at your picture on my phone as I sit waiting to be called for dinner. It's past 6pm here. You're probably in Philippine skies right now, almost home. I pray for your safety. I always do. I pray for you and me and for those we love and care for. I admit for a time, I didn't think there was more to ask. You came into my life and all my dreams came true. You are my dream come true. What was there to ask for?

The things is, once you have gotten over the high of actually seeing your dreams come true, you realize the reality of things. The dream who came into your life is now like sand on your palm, that can slip away at any time and all you can do is hold it tight with both hands and pray from the bottom of your heart to always have it.

Once the realization kicks in, the fear becomes real too. Fear of losing everything. No, I'm not afraid to lose money, the fame or the power.

My only fear is to lose you because you are my everything.

So, I hold you with both hands and pray from the bottom of my heart to always have you.

---

From what we talked about last night while we sat under the stars, surrounded by trees and green grass, listening to the soft rustling of leaves, chirps of crickets and the flowing stream with the fresh scents of nature on our noses, you feel the same way.

You held me in your arms as I sat between your legs, leaning my back on your chest and my head on your strong shoulder.

You kissed my temple and sighed. "Uuwi na ako bukas." You spoke sadly and it broke my heart.

"Okay lang yan." I said with a smile, trying to cheer you up. "Nasulit naman ang bakasyon mo dito di ba? Nakakain ka ng super authentic at legit na Japanese food. You've been craving for that. Tapos di ba, you always wanted to have a cultural immersion of some sorts? Oh ito na. We got to do that together in this Onsen paradise. Ano pang mas ja-Japanese dito sa pagsalampak sa damo in our yukata, sleeping on tatami mats, living in this ryokan for a day and eating all those delectable dishes?" I turned to you and you smiled.

"I'm happy we got to do this together." You said.

"I'm happy to see that smile." I answered.

"Love?" You whispered, your eyes suddenly somber.

"Bakit?" I asked and caressed your cheek.

"Masaya ka pa naman sa akin di ba?"

"Ano ka ba? Oo naman. Sobrang saya."

"Nag-aalala lang ako kasi sobrang busy ko lately baka feeling neglected ka na. Baka iwa..."

"Huy! Wag ka ngang ganyan, Love." I interrupted, lightly hitting your arm. "Naiintindihan ko tsaka sobrang naa-appreciate ko yung efforts mo to be with me kahit alam kong nakakapagod, ginagawa mo pa din. Ito ngang pagsama mo dito, naipilit mo pa. I know you cancelled some commitments for this, to be with me kahit na isa't kalahating araw lang. If that's not enough to prove just how much I mean to you, I don't know what else will."

You smiled weakly and sighed then pulled me closer as you touched our cheeks together. We both looked up to the sky as you whispered. "Thank you so much, Love. Wag kang magsasawa ha? Sana wag kang mapagod. Sana lagi mo akong mamahalin kahit minsan mahirap na. Sana..." You paused as your voice cracked and sighed. "Sana wag kang mawawala sa akin. Kasi hindi ko talaga kakayanin."

With that I felt your tears dampen my cheek so I turned to you worriedly. I cradled your face with one hand and wiped your tears with the back of the other. I stared into your eyes with all the love I feel inside and smiled gently.

"Sabi ko naman sa'yo di ba? Hindi yun mangyayari. Hindi ako magsasawa, hindi ako mapapagod, hinding-hindi ako bibitiw at lalong hindi kita iiwanan dahil mahal na mahal kita. I will always love you, Richard Faulkerson Jr. You are my everything." I wouldn't realize that I was already crying if you didn't reach out to softly brush my tears away.

"And you are mine. Ikaw ang buhay ko. Mahal na mahal na mahal kita." You whispered as you slipped your hand on my nape and leaned to press gentle kisses on my forehead and my nose.

I closed my eyes as you touched your tender lips on each one of them then followed the trail of tears down my cheek to the side of my lips.

I slowly open my eyes and met your steady gaze as you whispered. "I love you so much, my Nicomaine, *watashinounmei, *watashi no joo, *watashinojinsei."

I felt my heart flutter and my spirit soar like a dream, like a miracle, like love.

I smiled and touched our foreheads together. "*Aishitereru. *Itsumo aishiteru. *Eien ni."

You gently stroked my lips with your thumb before pressing yours on them, kissing me slowly and passionately as are bodies moved closer, limbs tangling around each other, breaths rapid and short, heart pounding and full.

With hands intertwined, we entered our room to spend the rest of the night with love and all the things that go in between and beyond.

--

I am snapped out of my reverie by the beep of the phone in my hand. I check the notification and find a message from you.

Hi, Love. Just landed. I miss you so much already. Ingat ka palagi and enjoy the rest of the trip. I want you to always be happy.
Sa Laguna muna ako ha? Lalo lang kitang mami-miss kung sa condo ako mag-isa. See you tomorrow, my love. I love you so much.

I blink back the tears that fill my eyes and take a deep breath before typing.

I miss you so much too, Love. I-kiss at hug mo ako sa lahat pag-uwi mo ha? Don't worry about me. May bantay ako dito. Kasing tapang at bangis mo. I love you so much. See you soon.

🇯🇵🌸💛🍃

🇯🇵🌸💛🍃

**********
Unbeta'ed and not proofread. Thank you for reading.

*Watashinounmei - my destiny
Watashi no joo - my queen
Watashinojinsei - my life
Aishiteru - I love you.
Itsumo aishiteru - I will always love you
Eien ni - Forever