Time out

May 3, 11pm:

R: *arrives in their condo and finds it empty* Tignan mo to. Di man lang nagsabi na di pa umuwi. *sighs, dials M's number as he looks around each room of their place to check if she left a note for him to when she is going home, M already told him she was going to stay in her old condo that day and will meet some friends there that evening but he didn't know when she'll be home, there is no sign of M or any messages, only their unmade bed and unwashed dishes on the kitchen sink* Di pa sumasagot. Hello, Mrs. Faulkerson. May asawa kang naghihintay sa bahay. *tosses his phone on the couch after three attempts to reach her, tries his best not to lose his temper again*

//

M: *comes home an hour later* Love? *finds R sleeping on the couch, in his boxers and white T-shirt, smiles and kisses his forehead before going to the kitchen* Uy, naglinis na. *sets the box of pizza she had delivered from her other condo on the counter and gets a glass of water to drink*

R: *wakes, unaware that M is already home, dials her number again, hears her phone ringing from the kitchen*

M: *about to walk out of the kitchen to go to R when she bumps into him by the doorway* Love!

R: Andito ka na pala. Di mo man lang ako ginising. *pouts*

M: Ang sarap ng tulog mo eh. Ayaw na kitang istorbohin alam kong pagod ka the whole day at work.

R: Bakit ngayon ka lang umuwi?

M: Kaalis lang ng mga bisita ko.

R: Bakit di ka tumawag?

M: Na-busy lang.

R: Kahit mag-text?

M: My friends are with me, it's rude to be on the phone all the time habang nag-uusap kami di ba?

R: You do it all the time with me, what makes it any different with them?

M: I don't do that with you. Not anymore, not since we had a no cellphone rule when we're alone together which you break all the time dahil lagi kang nasa phone mo playing your games. Mas matagal mo pa ngang kausap yang Mobile Legends app kesa sa akin.

R: That is not true. You know that's not true. Iniiba mo ang usapan eh. You should have called na di ka pa uuwi. Asawa mo ako. I should know where you are.

M: You know where I was. Nandoon lang kami. We didn't leave. Nakalimutan ko lang tumawag dahil na-busy ako with my friends. Tama na muna to, RJ. Paulit-ulit na. *starts to walk out on R, is about to go past him by the door when he stops her by barring the way with his arm*

R: Doing what?

M: *grunts in frustration and raises her voice* RJ please! Just please... Lay off the questions for five minutes! Nakakapagod sumagot ng tanong na paulit-ulit. I feel interrogated na parang may ginawa akong masama. *sighs heavily*

R: *sighs* I'm sorry. I was worried. *caresses M's cheek*

M: *looks at R* Time out muna. I can't talk to you right now.

R: *lets go of M and steps out of her way, quietly watches her walk to their bedroom and close the door*

//

R: *enters the bedroom an hour later and finds M lying on her side facing the slightly opened window watching the city outside with her back against the door* Love?

M: *rolls to face R and stares at him with a little pout and a frown*

R: Pwede na ba akong lumapit?

M: *quietly nods her head*

R: *carefully makes his way to the bed and approaches M like she is a wild animal ready to pounce*

M: *chuckles* Don't be silly. Halika na. *smiles*

R: *grins and hurriedly gets on the bed and sits beside M* I'm sorry ulit kanina. Sinubukan ko talaga na wag uminit ang ulo pero I was worried. I just wanted to know kung saan ka at anong oras ka uuwi.

M: *crawls up into R's arms, he holds her close and she snuggles on his chest* I'm sorry I yelled at you at ang sungit ko din. Tama ka. I should have atleast called you.

R: It's okay. OA din ako magtanong.

M: Tipid din akong sumagot.

R&M: *sigh at the same time and pulled each other closer*

R: *kisses the top of M's head* I guess ganoon talaga kahit mag-asawa na tayo may mga ganoong moments pa din. Bata pa tayo at marami pang dapat matutunan together.

M: Sorry I put you on time out. Parang preschool lang. *giggles*

R: Kailangan din. Pasugod na ako eh. If we continued that conversation malamang nag-away na tayo at mag-isa akong matutulog dito ngayon.

M: Hindi din. Malamang kahit matulog ka sa sahig, susundan mo pa din ako.

R: Wow ha. Ako talaga susunod? Di man lang ikaw ang mas-stay dito?

M: Pwede din pero sa sahig ka pa din matutulog.

R: Grabe ka sa akin, Love.

M: Eh grabe ka din kasi.

R: O sige na. Tama na baka pag-awayan pa natin kung sino mas grabe. Alam ko na kung bakit ka masungit.

M: Bakit?

R: Tatlong bagay lang. Naglilihi ka, may dino ka or gusto mong umano. *grins*

M: Umano? Ano na naman?! *hits R's chest and laughs*

R: Umano... Kumiss. Ikaw, Love ha? Anong iniisip mo?

M: Ikaw? Anong iniisip mong iniisip ko? Wag kang assumer diyan. *pinches R's nose, laughs* Dino ang sagot kaya ako masungit. Magkakaroon na ata ako kaya ayan sobrang tamad, moody at takaw ko.

R: Aaaw... *pouts* Akala ko pa naman magsha-shopping na ako ng crib.

M: Crib? Crib agad, Love? Di man lang prenatal supplements muna? *laughs*

R: Kasama na din yun. *smirks and pokes M's nose* Uy! Excited ka na din ano? Gusto mo na din talaga?

M: Oo naman. Pero ayaw ko kasing sumubok tayo na parang ipe-pressure ang mga sarili natin na mangyari. Mas gusto ko na pag dumating yung baby, dadating siya kung kailan talaga dapat, yung hindi pilit. Parang gusto kong ma-surprise. *smiles*

R: Parang gusto ko din yun. *grins, sighs and kisses M's forehead* Eto ang hindi surprise. I love you.

M: *looks straight into R's eyes* I love you more.

R: *caresses M's cheek and laces his fingers through her hair, leans in to kiss her lips slowly and passionately, slipping his tongue in and lets it glide, roll and push around hers, drinking her sweet taste and reaching deep into the warm crevices of her mouth*

M: *moans softly into his mouth and slithers her body against his as her hands glide down his muscular shoulders and chest, to his belly and crotch making him groan* Mukhang alam ko na din kung bakit mainit ang ulo mo kanina. *whispers breathlessly on his lips*

R: Bakit naman?

M: Hmmm... Saglit. Kausapin ko lang sandali. Siya na sasagot sa'yo. *smirks and keeps her eyes glued on his as she crawls down and settles between his legs* 🙈🙊💛🍃