The Competition

July 28, 9am:

R: Rehearsals na kayo agad? Ang aga pa ah. Breakfast muna. *watches M from the dining table as she walks into the kitchen already in her tank top and sweat pants, ready for dance practice*

M: *grabs a water bottle from the fridge and shoves a couple of oranges in her bag* Yup. Late na nga ako, Love. Andiyan na sundo sa baba.

R: Agad? Hindi ka pa kumakain. *stands up and moves to go to her but she is already walking towards him*

M: And who's fault was that? You kept me up too late last night kaya di ako nakapagluto agad.

R: Ito na nga oh nagluto ako habang naliligo ka. *smiles as he offers a spoonful of egg to M*

M: *rolls her eyes and eats the food he gives her* Nakakainis. Sinsasabotahe mo talaga ako ng ka-cutan mo eh. Kagabi ka pa. I really think you're trying to get me out of my game para kayo ang manalo. *grabs a toast and starts walking towards the door*

R: *follows M* Aba! Excuse me, Mrs. Faulkerson, my team can very well beat your team fair and square. I don't need to use this *poses and flashes his dimple* or these *flexes his biceps* against you to win. Papatunayan ko yan sa'yo. Simula ngayon hanggang sa matapos ang grand finals, hindi ako maglalambing sa'yo, hindi ako lalapit, hindi magki-kiss, hindi yayakap. Wala. Hindi muna tayo bati.

M: Sigurado ka?

R: Sigurado.

M: You want to bet on it?

R: Sure pag nanalo ako, I want a new Ironman Mark VII Stealth mode toy on the dresser in our bedroom.

M: *glares at R* Fine. Even if I will definitely lose more sleep than I already have with that die cast toy looming over me when I close my eyes, you got a deal. The game is on, Faulkerson and I am going to win.

R: Huh. Tignan natin. *smirks*

M: Makikita mo talaga. *raises an eyebrow, turns the doorknob*

R: Teka.

M: Bakit?

R: Pwede pa naman mag-goodbye kiss di ba? Asawa pa rin naman kita kahit di tayo bati.

M: Oo nga. *marches back to R, pulls him down by the back of his head and plants a long passionate kiss on his lips* See you later, husband, and good luck on the convention.

R: Thank you. Ingat ka sa rehearsals. Wag ko lang mababalitaang nasaktan ka dahil mananakit ako.

M: *tries to hold back a giggle* Thanks.

R: See you later.

M: *starts to walk back to the door*

R: Sandali.

M: Bakit na naman? Male-late na nga ako. *turns to R irritatedly*

R: I love you. *smiles*

M: *smiles back* I love you too.

R: Ano nga palang gusto mo kapag kayo ang nanalo?

M: Ikaw. Ikaw lang at ang oras mo. Roadtrip tayo. Matagal na nating di nagagawa yun.

R: *sighs and smiles then walks towards M with his eyes glued on hers* We'll do that, Love. *slips his hands around her waist* Win or Lose, gagawin natin yun. Ayoko na nang hindi tayo bati kasi sa totoo lang kahit magkalaban tayo mamaya, ako pa rin ang number one fan mo at buong-buo ang suporta ko sa'yo. I don't care who wins basta safe tayo pareho and we all have fun. Gagawin ko ang best ko mamaya para sa team but know that I will be rooting for you. *kisses M's forehead and pulls her in for a hug*

M: *hugs R back and snuggles on his chest* And I will always be your biggest fan, Love. Kahit nasa kabilang team ka, I will still cheer the loudest for you. *looks up at R* At tama ka. Hindi mo kailangan nito *pokes his dimple* at nito *squeezes his biceps* para i-distract ako dahil ito *points to her heart* patay na patay na sa'yo. Champion ka na dito.

R: Ikaw. Hindi ka champion dito. *places a hand on his chest*

M: *pouts* Bakit?

R: Dahil wala ka namang kalaban dito. *grins* Mahal na mahal kita. Ikaw lang.

M: *smiles giddily then pouts* Nakakakilig. Kainis. I love you.

R: I love you more. *sighs contentedly, hugs his wife tighter and kisses the top of her head* 💛🍃

********
Unbeta'ed and not proofread. Thank you for reading. ❤️